AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 why chin pump both direction vs sufi L to R
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greenyogi

14 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  1:25:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit greenyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi I read kriyayogainfo.net material and went to a few sufi teaching
Their direction of the chin pump is Left to Right only.
That is counter clockwise viewing from the top of the head.

So why the AYP chip pump got both direction.

When I read the info from kriyayogainfo.net the kriya version of chin pump (Left to right) is designed to slow the heart.

I distinctly feel this interesting session when I lay down to rest after using the kriya chin pump in the middle of my chest.

It feels the mid point of my nipples (heart chakra) is melting somewhat.

Any similar experience please share.

yours sincerely

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  5:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi greenyogi,

As you begin to compare systems, you will find differences like this quite often. Many of these subtle variances won't make much of a difference at all, while others can be quite the opposite, in turn making a practice much more powerful. AYP is a system developed by Yogani through many years of studying a myriad of traditions, and what is written here was developed as an integration of these traditions, as well as the addition of (I'm guessing) his own twist on certain things. With that said, there is either a good reason for AYP chin pump going in both directions, or it is pretty much the same as the chin pump utilized in the system that you have described.

As my own experience with chin pump has been 100% of the AYP variety and mostly in tandem with other practices, I can't speak of the differences between the AYP version and other variations, but have certainly experienced the sensations that you describe in the heart center. My own observations are that these sensations aren't necessarily practice-specific, but are a sign of energy movement and opening which can happen at almost any time once you've established a daily practice routine.

Of course, it is up to your inner guru to decide what practice is best for you, and a pleasurable experience as you've described can certainly help to sway the vote. As mentioned earlier, AYP itself was created through integrating the best of many different traditions, and no true seeker can be blamed for looking around at different options. These days for me, however, I'm content with letting Yogani's work save me the time and effort.

Best wishes on your path.
Go to Top of Page

greenyogi

14 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  9:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit greenyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps its the direction of the Chakra/vortex??
as state in the below article:

https://battleofearth.wordpress.com...n-a-kozyrev/

"Kozyrev theorised that things such as the direction of a shell’s spiralling growth and which side of the human body will contain the heart are determined by the direction of this flow. Should there be an area somewhere in space-time where the energy flow spiralled in the opposite direction, then he would expect shells to grow in the opposite direction and the heart to be in the opposite side of the body cavity.

Kozyrev suggested that life couldn’t form in any other way, because it is actively drawing off this spiralling energy to sustain itself and must therefore follow its proportions every step of the way. In this sense, we can think of the skeletal system as an “antenna” for this energy.
"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000