New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  7:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"You accumulate nothing, waste nothing, go nowhere, become nothing"

Yes it is just the way the words are used that doesn't set right. It is telling what you don't do instead of making what you DO look attractive. The words don't really tell you anything positive about the state.

For instance, if I told you a famous soccer player "Doesn't like baseball, never watches a football game, doesn't have much time for his family, and hates Italian food", those statements may be true but they don't really tell you anything about the person because they are all negatives.

It's hard to put this subject into words because it refers to a change in perception from ordinary life. We have lots of words that make everyday life sound attractive, like "vacation" and "fun" but this is outside that world altogether. Trying to describe something to someone who has not experienced it is almost impossible and full of approximations and metaphors.
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  11:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
"So these are not later stages you just see it that way. Seriously, it is what you are, it's just your refusal to discard the stories....as it was mine."

Karl Byron Katie's wrote a whole book/ toolkit for discarding the stories "who would you be without your story". Maybe you could issue another under the alias Karl Katie I think you have good writing skills so even if you write about your everyday life it can be interesting.

Ether-agreed so maybe Yogani will do the job in the forthcoming black book on the fruition of yoga. For the time being yours truly remains sold on vacation and fun (with a story: i want vacation and fun )
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  12:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lili

Karl Byron Katie's wrote a whole book/ toolkit for discarding the stories "who would you be without your story"

Yes, I know her book. BK is about the story within the story. It's usefful but ultimately flawed because it is working within tye illusion. No different to 'how to attract.....money, power, wealth, happiness etc'

When I talk about stories, I mean all of them.

All memories, everything. That you were born, that your name is llili, that you have parents.

I'm not suggesting that you should stop seeing your parents, or loved ones, or friends or that you should suddenly forget where you live. Or ignore someone calling your name. Just make a start on breaking the beliefs that these things are true. Love everyone regardless as they pop in and out of perception. Act when you must act but without attachment to the result, do what needs to be done.
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  12:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yes, I know her book. BK is about the story within the story. It's usefful but ultimately flawed because it is working within tye illusion. No different to 'how to attract.....money, power, wealth, happiness etc'
When I talk about stories, I mean all of them.
All memories, everything. That you were born, that your name is llili, that you have parents.
Just make a start on breaking the beliefs that these things are true. Love everyone regardless as they pop in and out of perception. Act when you must act but without attachment to the result, do what needs to be done.

I knew that there is something about BK . How do I know when I must act and what needs to be done if I at the same time have to think that nothing is true ?
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  3:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure you will manage
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  4:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I knew that there is something about BK . How do I know when I must act and what needs to be done if I at the same time have to think that nothing is true ?

Hi Lili,

I don't think Byron Katie ever said that nothing is true... just that you should question if it is or not.

Someone once asked Nisargadatta if it was true that nothing in the world was real, and he replied: "nothing in your world is real, in my world, everything is real". We just need to learn to move from one world to the other... from the unreal to the real. Or as they say in sanskrit... asato ma sat gamaya. No amount of self inquiry will do that without some serious spiritual practice backing it up.

Enjoy your vacation.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  6:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Enjoy your vacation.

Thanks Christi finally something understandable and practical. Will do-you too
Stepping aside to leave room for questions to the true /real / enlightenment seekers. All I am interested in is vacation and how to attract this&that per Karl's post above and suchlike trivial pursuits in the non-real. Cheers

Edited by - Lili on Nov 30 2011 7:01:33 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000