Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 how to open spinal block?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

boris

Norway
68 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  8:28:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit boris's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,I have an big energy block in the spine behind the navel.I feel a lot of pressure and pain there.
Spinal breathing doesent help.what else can I do?
1.Will it help to have the mind or attention on the block in deep meditation?
2. I havent done any locks or breath retention yet.will that help opening up this block
3.what asanas would be best to focus on in this kind of block
any other suggestions?

Hope someone have experience with this kind of energy block

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  4:44:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From what I remember, it is recommended to do spinal breathing pranayama and just skip the areas that seem blocked, and always ending at the root and ajna.

What does it feel like to experience such a block? I too find my SBP easier to sort of feel at other spots except lower back and throat areas.
Go to Top of Page

Vayu

USA
40 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  01:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You could try Spinal Bastrika Pranayama and see how it works:
http://www.aypsite.org/171.html

Also, this may not be a AYP-baseline practice, but you could gently try asanas that are twisting in nature while doing Spinal breathing pranayama or spinal bastrika pranayama. When I experience blocks during pranayama, I usually try to do it while doing twisting asanas(such as simple variations of matsyendrasana, cobra pose while turning/looking back, etc). Forward bends and backward bends before pranayama sessions are also good.

Also, maintaining awareness in deep silence at such locations can help dissolve blocks/pains in my experience. This is a gentle, but effective manner. I also remember some senior members in this forum mentioning Mantak Chia's "Inner Smile" technique to be very good(check out this thread: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2587). On the other hand, doing breath retentions could possibly open up this block quicker but in a much more aggressive manner, which may make things worse and more painful. So try (1) and (3). But I haven't really experienced any kind of pressured energetic blocks that you are going through; so these suggestions may not help. Take care :)

Edited by - Vayu on Dec 02 2011 01:40:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  08:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste,

You could also try at keeping your attention in the blocked area and just try to be a witness there and dont try to unblock or something just take yiur concentration there and keep it there as a witness and see whats happening there and dont try to judge it.

Hope that helps and others would also suggest something better.

Love n Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000