New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  02:15:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Do apes know or care they're mortal? Will they ever learn gardening?

(what follows is my glimpse of of a near death experience)

Edited by - danebramage on Jul 14 2011 10:23:06 PM

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  4:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what Adam Smith has to do with Gorilla and chakras?
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  5:23:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Less than zero but I never get answers to those questions.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  6:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope you are here because of an interest in yoga; that's what AYP is about.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  7:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You folks can really put a smile on a person's face.
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  7:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love deep philosophical questions. Keep em coming. If you get a chance watch 'September Dawn'. Great movie.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  7:53:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a relief to learn somebody can read between the lines. The illusion is unforgettable.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  8:18:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I viewed The movie trailer. I know a little about the massacre. I'll find the whole film. It's always easy to be an inch taller if we chop off the heads of others.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  8:32:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Did the Mormons meditate?
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  9:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I dated a Mormon girl and took a few classes on her behalf but there was no mention of meditation. They are very decent people but I found their belief system beyond belief. What I like about this "free form" AYP is we can take what we need without the pressure or ritual of a formal dogma....but I could be wrong real easy.

Edited by - danebramage on Jul 13 2011 10:02:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  9:22:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are correct, but they do like you to talk about yoga, and more specifically about AYP yoga as taught in the books and lessons.
What practices do you do?
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  9:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm concerned with saving myself. If I accomplish that then I'll worry about others. Yogani is telepathic and I assume that is accomplished by falling out of bed on our knees in prayer and meditation.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  9:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm unqualified to discuss the Latter Day Saints but the few I've met are doing something right. It's only disappointing they readily slam their mind shut in your face if you ask where the tablets went.

Edited by - danebramage on Jul 13 2011 10:15:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  10:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I lived in a small town of mostly Mormons for two years in high school. They were very nice. Just a few judgmental gossipy, but harmless old ladies, but the rest were wonderful and friendly. They didn't discuss thier faith at all, and that was fine with me. Those were the best two years of my entire schooling, as far as friendship, fun, everything. Part of that is being a small farming town with very little government. the sheriff was the law, and only wanted what was best for the people.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  10:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not allowed to discuss my faith either. I shouldn't discuss these advanced practices. Mr. Yogani does an excellent job of that. I worked in an SRF ashram for a few years, even did a stint at Kriyananda's Expanding Light in Nevada City and I've learned to keep my mouth shut.

I'm not qualified to discuss anything very serious. I keep cranking away with these techniques knowing they're working. I'll probably fall off the screen in a day or two.

Edited by - danebramage on Jul 13 2011 10:16:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  11:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you looking for a serious answer or a not very serious answer as to where the golden plates went?
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  11:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Even as a neophyte I wasn't any good at pontificating kaivalya philosophy. I have since glimpsed the nature of illusion but I have no idea what the purpose of this all is. Maybe someday I'll melt into the ocean of reality.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  12:23:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I always get the same answer about the tablets Joseph Smith found in his yard - they went back to Heaven. If I'm not mistaken Marona took them. I'd be delighted to hear something more plausible, however, there's most likely an infinite number of universes and perhaps Marona controls this one.

Edited by - danebramage on Jul 14 2011 05:17:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  08:00:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What does it matter where the tablets went? People get defensive about items of faith because they feel compelled to prove them and can't. It's better left alone. Even in this single universe, one person's reality isn't necessarily another's. I like the saying: "Whatever floats your boat!"
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  11:20:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. It really doesn't matter if someone got a message from God many years ago.
Meditate (see "main lessons" or the book) twice a day for just a little while.
You will find your inner silence. then you will find your inner guru.
This is your personal connection to God. Then follow whatever faith you wish. Nobody has to prove anything.
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  11:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

I agree. It really doesn't matter if someone got a message from God many years ago.
Meditate (see "main lessons" or the book) twice a day for just a little while.
You will find your inner silence. then you will find your inner guru.
This is your personal connection to God. Then follow whatever faith you wish. Nobody has to prove anything.

^^THIS^^

Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  12:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's not a question of belief but the attitude we take towards the truth. It makes no difference if Yogani was gardening and found a liquid DVD under his mushrooms that contained the AYP left there by a Morlock who crawled out of the ocean. All that matters is I know who he really is.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  1:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The truth isn't the same for everyone at all times, and it isn't all found in one person, one book, or one website. It changes as you progress on the path.
The truth doesn't always come from "enlightened" people.
This is why it is so important to find your inner guru.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  2:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Joseph Campbell did an excellent series on The Power of Myth. Certain myths developed into truth for some minds. Dialectic reasoning is useless. The proof's in the pudding as my Momma would say. Surely, certain practices work for anybody & everybody any time, anywhere. Just ask a breatharian.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  3:23:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ha ha!
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  3:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is a cosmic joke but no laughing matter and that's what keeps me confused. A near death experience that resulted in a 15 day coma is something I highly recommend for anybody. YEEHAW

Edited by - danebramage on Jul 13 2011 10:19:15 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000