Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 DM question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  3:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone;

I'm just wondering if anyone experienced what I'm going through lately during meditation or if anyone has an explanation for it.

during meditation lately,I get the feeling of floating accompanied by nausea.Add to that,there's a certain sensation that I used to experience when I was a child and when I used to get sick.It's difficult to explain that sensation,the closest description would be floating with something in the air being untied.not something concrete…something -air in nature-floating and feels like knots being untied…it was not pleasant and a feeling of nausea accompanied each sensation of that thing getting untied…

Maybe I'm not making much sense of what I'm saying.The thing is the same sensation I'm having lately during meditation.

Love;
Delara

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  6:14:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delara,

You described having nausea a while back:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9865

Around that time I was experiencing nausea too. I thought some of it was due to the heat. We had a bit of a heat wave here in Baltimore, and I do not use air conditioner, so I felt it pretty directly. I also thought some if it was related to eating food that was too "heavy" and/or eating too much food. I can not control the weather, but I can change my diet. So I cut down on my food intake, drank for food in the form of smoothies, and drank more water. The last few days my stomach has felt great.

During the time I had nausea, I also had some troubling thoughts. When my stomach situation changed, my thoughts changed. My suggestion is to see what you can do that might make your stomach happy first, and see if the other troubling experiences might fade away on their own.

PS. It may be that you feel the nausea during DM because your notice how your body is feeling more when you are settling down into DM. When you get up and get busy, you might simply not notice your stomach.

Edited by - bewell on Jun 26 2011 6:18:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  4:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Bewell;

possible!I can never tell for sure.And yes severe nausea started with that particular DM session n continued for few more sessions.It was a bit frustrating for every time I reach a certain state which is very peaceful in meditation,my stomach would turn upside down & I'm pushed to stop DM.

Nausea continued but decreased gradually.

I'm doubting that mulabandha might have been triggering that.for I stopped it on sunday evening and & DM is gr8,no more nausea :D.

I've been noticing lately some energy movement on left side of my waist at the same level of diaphragm during the day.It feels like some creature moving under my skin ,lol-what to do !didn't find a better description -

Another thing I've noticed is that IAM mantra during meditation is starting somewhere from inside my head and as if it reaches,vibrates n stops at that area of my body between upper stomach n diaphragm.Maybe that's why I've been having nausea.

thank you for ur reply. I'm not having appetite except for fruits nowadays n it's not making any difference I eat or don't eat,my energy level is great during the day

Love;
Delara

Edited by - Delara on Jun 28 2011 4:40:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  6:36:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Delara
...mulabandha might have been triggering that.for I stopped it on sunday evening and & DM is gr8,no more nausea :D.

I've been noticing lately some energy movement on left side of my waist at the same level of diaphragm during the day.

Hi Delara,

Thanks for the update on the nausea. I am glad you are feeling better and DM is gr8

Sounds like it was an energy experience triggered by mulabanda. I had a similar energy situation in that when I was dealing with intermittent nausea recently, some of the time it acted up during the practice of chin pump (but it was also hot and I had eaten too much, thus my earlier comments which it turns out did not parallel your situation).

Blessings to you. You are very discerning IMHO.

Be
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  1:36:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm glad that passed for you too Bewell and you are feeling better.
It's always pleasant reading your comments.

Love;
Delara
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  11:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Bewell & others;
just an update here...I did have to decrease all practices to basic meditation and SB because of overload.However the nausea seems to be a different subject.It's a bug in the system ...the problem over here is that it's hard to believe that i can get sick.well!now being in bed for few days now I can accept that I might be sick,lol!
So yea meditation has nothing to do with nausea only my stubborn head needed the right circumstances to grasp it!
Love;
Delara

Edited by - Delara on Jul 12 2011 11:30:19 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000