Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Thoughts in meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shalu5

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  11:27:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All
I'm a newbie here, and this is my first post. I starting practising AYP about 3 months back. No meditation experience before. When I started meditating there used to be too many thoughts in my mind, but after about a month I think they had become much lesser and I was mostly on I ams. Now for about a couple of weeks the thoughts seem to have increased. They completely take over the I ams which they never did before. Also, most of these thoughts are not important, so not sure why my mind is bringing them up. Should I be concerned about this change or is it normal?
As such I have experienced a lot of benefit from these practises. My anxiety levels went down a lot. I was able to make some life decisions which were needed, but I couldn't really commit too. I might regret them later, but for now they give me peace of mind.
Also, there have been incidents which have made me believe that I'll have help whenever I need it, even coming from unexpected sources or strangers.
Shalu

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  12:43:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Should I be concerned about this change or is it normal?

all is normal dont worry...keep it up
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  1:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shalu,

Deep Meditation is not for reducing the thoughts. Thoughts can be there along with the mantra and it is fine as long as you are actively repeating the mantra than thinking the thoughts actively. There is no need to push away the thoughts, whenever you observe them, just come back to mantra.

If I am correct, even advanced meditators have thoughts in their meditation. So dont worry about them

- Near
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  7:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely normal, just try and favor the mantra whenever you find yourself off in thought, its great to hear that you have felt such positive benefits from practice, keep it up
Go to Top of Page

psychicexplorer

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  9:33:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit psychicexplorer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nearoanoke

Deep Meditation is not for reducing the thoughts.

I was under the impression that because deep meditation increases inner silence that it reduced the thoughts... I have noticed a reduction in thoughts and mental chatter since beginning my practice.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  01:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi psychic
what Near meant is that no conscious effort of pushings away thoughts is needed
,,,if they appear we easily come back to the mantra...no inner fight.....
ultimately the by product will be the rising inner silence and reduced thoughts.....
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  07:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Psychicexplorer

And if I may add - inner silence has nothing to do with mental silence. You can have inner silence, but depending on your current challenges, no mental silence. However, inner silence will help you make the right choices, recognise what is important and let go what is not and a lot more but words are failing me.

Seysorciere
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  07:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Abiding inner silence is a source of reassurance that no matter what is happening in this 3D reality, all is well.

Go to Top of Page

shalu5

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  09:12:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All
Thanks for your words of support, and SeySorciere you make an interesting point on inner silence. I thought it was the same as mental silence too. Also, "All is well" reminded of a hindi song from a recent movie which advises everyone to pucker up, whistle and just say All is well because the future is uncertain.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  11:34:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah bhayya, all is well!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  11:53:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by shalu5

Also, "All is well" reminded of a hindi song from a recent movie which advises everyone to pucker up, whistle and just say All is well because the future is uncertain.

Here is the song:
There are English subtitles to the song... click on the closed captions button to see them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_xK9PDFFgc

Good song, Shalu.
Welcome to the forum.
Yes, all is well.
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  1:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  1:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
:):) nice song
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000