Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 eAshram?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  11:57:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does AYP have an ashram?

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  12:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome danebramage!

If by "ashram" you mean a permanent physical facility, no, not yet. Maybe someday.

We do have periodic retreats occurring around the world. You can find them via the link in the top left border of any page on this website. If you attend one of these, you will get a good (and lasting) taste of what AYP is about -- the cultivation of abiding inner silence, ecstatic bliss, and outpouring divine love in unity.

Wishing you all the best on your chosen path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  01:06:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the personal reply. I wish you all the luck in the world. I'm a Kriyaban. I became involved with SRF in '69. I worked at Hidden Valley and at the SRF ashram in Phoenix for years. Your approach to the subject is an improvement. I would like to compliment you on your achievement. You're the real deal.

moderator edited for formatting only.

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 07 2011 04:00:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  04:51:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum danebramage,
I studied Yogananda's teachings for years also, although I'm sure not with anywhere near the devotion of you, having worked there.

What I like about AYP is that the path to enlightenment can be easily followed with just a few minutes of practices, twice a day. I don't wish to devote my entire life to enlightenment, even though it may be the most important thing in my life.

Our devotion or bhakti is one of the most powerful tools, and that will be present outside of practice time, but many people here have found that with the simple practices taught here, if you were to practice for long hours like SRF asks for, it is way too much and energy overloads can occur, and we have to cut back.

I think part of this difference is the spiritual energy has increased all over the world since Yogananda's time.
So be sure and check the part of the lessons on "self pacing", and we're glad to have you here.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  2:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the nice welcome. Yogananda mentions Spiritual progress is erratic for most of us. If you wanna be a fanatic then he's the guy. He's strict - meat for men, milk for babes. Times change, AYP is a good approach for those who are, indeed, "advanced".

Establishing any Spiritual routine is important. The ever popular ox cart method or the "new" sonic jet method both work. How fast do we wanna realize our true nature is the question?

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  1:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
welcome to the forum Dane

AYP approch is like slow and steady wins the race!

Wow an ashram would be great well i did bit of day dreaming abut it before i edited the post lol

Love n Light

Edited by - vijikr on Jul 16 2011 1:48:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  2:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No need to be advanced to benefit from AYP methods. The lessons begin with "deep meditation", which is also a small book. This can be learned easily by a beginner, and is the most important practice for everyone. Just a few minutes twice a day.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000