Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Ayp mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snake

United Kingdom
276 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2024 :  06:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Discovering AYP some years ago having started practices in '72 I flirted around with the AYP mantra without really taking it fully on board. I mainly continued with breath centred and energetic practices from the Indian Kriya type practices having taken initiation back then.

I had friends who were TM teachers and we often discussed our different paths without going into trying them.
I flirted with over the ensuing years with Kriya via SRF and devoured all the books on the different paths to the same outcome.
My curiosity in TM finally got the better of me and I did a 3 day residential course and was given my mantra.
I started to prefer it over the energetic practices as I often overloaded with those and found the simplicity but quietude of the mantra healing in its own way.

Again I was never over consistent in my practice unlike my early years with the energetic practices as I had realised a certain contentment in the work I had done over the years.
Which brings me to now and my question .
I feel I would like to give the AYP mantra system a proper chance to see if it changes anything .

As an experiment i've been trying recently IAM and energetically it definitely a more potent for me mantra as almost immediately sound and light start to make their presence felt as opposed to my TM mantra that has almost an opposite but pleasant chilling effect on my nervous system.

So I'm just asking for anyone's suggestions of how to go about this, do I perhaps give it a solid 3 months and see where it takes me or stick with what I've got, I feel it's a curiosity rather than a deep need though I may be wrong. Hmmm.

Thankyou.

Edited by - snake on Apr 21 2024 06:34:11 AM

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2024 :  11:23:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Snake,

Sounds like a long and interesting path you have had so far.

Three months is really a very short period of time to engage with a spiritual practice for. It can really take three months just to start getting settled in with something. My suggestion would be to give it three years. Also, be careful not to be judging a practice by the energetic effects it has on you. A good spiritual practice can be measured by how it makes you feel during the day, over weeks, months and years. Are you feeling more relaxed, happier, more peaceful, more joyful, and so on. If you are looking for energetic effects this can actually slow down long-term progress on the path. See this video I recorded a while ago on that.

Give it a while with the Deep Meditation practice and then begin to gradually add the other AYP practices if you are drawn to do that. Spinal Breathing, mudras, bandhas, asana, Samyama and so on.

The success of any spiritual practice actually depends more on the bhakti that we bring to it, than on the technique itself. Someone could have the best spiritual techniques in the world, but if their spiritual desire is not strong, and they cannot dedicate themselves to their practice, then it won't do much for them. On the other hand, someone with strong spiritual desire could take almost any practice and use it to attain divine realisation. Their bhakti would fill in any deficiencies in the practices themselves. Spiritual desire is to a large extent simply something we have, with each person expressing it to a different degree. But, it is also something we can cultivate. So, engaging in a regular daily practice, and at the same time cultivating strong spiritual desire, could be a good way to move forwards. Without this, you could find yourself digging in a lot of different places, but never digging deep enough in one place, to actually find water (liberation).
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
276 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2024 :  12:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,yes I agree quite a ride and no I?m not looking for any more energetic fuel to be fair.
In fact your reply has helped in some way to letting me have a better perspective on my question and I have to say yes the TM mantra I use has given me positive feedback and I?m feeling I will stick to that as it does give me good feelings daily.
Thankyou for this,I appreciate your feedback.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2024 :  1:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Snake,

That's great to hear that you are finding good benefits from your practice. If you are sticking with your TM mantra and using that with your meditation, you can still add all the AYP practices onto that if you want to. So, you can still build up a daily practice routine including Spinal Breathing, advanced pranayamas, asana, Samyama, Self-Inquiry practices and so on.

The only thing you would not be able to do is to use the AYP mantra enhancements as these are designed to work with the AYAM mantra. If you decided that you wanted to use those, then you would need to switch to using AYAM and then make sure you are stable with that for at least six months before adding any mantra enhancements.
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
276 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2024 :  4:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Christi.
I will look at adding some of the AYP practices overtime, if I need to enhance my mantra I am aware of the TM enhancements so not a problem.
Think I may give ayp plus a months viewing also. thanks again
Sssss
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2024 :  4:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000