Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari mudra, sneezing, and a running nose
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gerhard

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2023 :  10:35:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, hope you are all feeling blessed.

I had a question, and am hoping some of you could share your experience on the topic of a runny nose due to the kechari mudra. Especially stage 4, or stage 3 alternate nostril breathing. This runny nose side effect is the greatest practical Inhibitor to my practice. Do others experience this as well - is just me - or has anyone found a solution to this practical obstacle.

As an interesting aside - I had an intuitive urge to place some tree sap in the higher portion of the stage 3 caves (the 2 above the septum). A very interesting experience of dna, feeling the life force of the forest, and also the darker reproductive/selfish side of the kundalini. That was experience anyway. If anyone has tried something similar or different due to an intuitive calling, I'm curious to hear about it.

Blessed in peace #128330;

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2023 :  1:37:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gerhard,

Getting a runny nose at some stage in kechari is a symptom of purification. Something is clearing up and it is not a good idea to push through it. "A darker reproductive/selfish side of kundalini" suggests more work may be needed on a non-attachment side of the spiritual life. Kundalini is the Divine within- it has no dark or selfish side. These are personal projections that signal that more clearing up is needed. As you noticed, a runny nose also slows down your practice - it is another way for the subtle body to let you know that you need to take it easy and not push through. Kechari is like a switch that closes a powerful energy circuit in the subtle body, and all the parts of this circuit have to be brought at a certain level for the switch to work smoothly.

I did not experience a runny nose, but at some stage of kechari my eyes would sting and fill with tears - a symptom of Ajna purification. Just like you, I found it hard to continue. After months of what felt like no progress, I let it go and did not practice kechari for a while. When I got back to it, it was noticeable that the energy was differently distributed in the nasal cavity - and there were no tears.

My advice is to take it easy, do not try to force your way. Back down to a stage where kechari is easy or take a break from the practice. Keep us the meditation and the other spiritual practices. Kechari seems to have its own schedule and it will work at the best time for you.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2023 :  9:19:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many good points by Blanche, I would add the suggestion not to put tree sap in your nasal cavity, it introduces a foreign substance in a super sensitive area. An active imagination may be just as influential in satisfying a calling.

Edited by - Dogboy on Oct 01 2023 9:20:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Gerhard

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2023 :  06:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the replies - I will reflect on them deeply in the coming days

To clarify, the runny nose comes from stage 4 #128578;

Edited by - Gerhard on Oct 03 2023 04:33:00 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000