Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 can someone please explain this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wisya

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  03:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Because I've been going a lot of hard physical exercise my energy levels have been building. This morning I awoke wide awake with a crystal clear mind. I went and done my practice of 5min sb and 20min dm. Afterwards I felt like sh*t and stayed like it most of the day. Very foggy minded and also very tired. It was almost like I'd taken a tranquilizer or something. Surely that can't be right?

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  05:09:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
why do u think that "surely it can not be right?"
it is right for the nature of the mind is ups and down
the trick is no to identify with it...with time the mind will have no force

Edited by - maheswari on Jul 01 2011 06:43:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  07:10:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wisya

Do you lie down for 5-10 minutes after your practice? It's vital for me otherwise my head feels like it is in a fish bowl!

Or maybe 20 minutes of DM is too much for you, so that's why you feel groggy. Although I would be inclined to rest more after your practice before cutting times down.

It could be that, or maybe the physical exercise has caught up with you?

You can have up and down days, but it's all part of purifying your system.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  08:03:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with everything that Woosa said.

Rest at least 10 min before getting up from meditation.
If that does not help, then if possible, go for a walk or do something a bit grounding after your session.
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  1:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Someone has agreed with me... well that's a first.
Go to Top of Page

wisya

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  3:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks folks but what I'm saying is that I was perfectly OK until I did my practice. But I did only give it a minute rest as I thought I hadn't gone particularly deep so that could have been it after all.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  03:38:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wisya

Thanks folks but what I'm saying is that I was perfectly OK until I did my practice. But I did only give it a minute rest as I thought I hadn't gone particularly deep so that could have been it after all.

Makes perfect sense to me now. We are moving our awareness to a less energetic, more infinite state by meditating. It is only awarenesses preparedness to be bound to the material body with that energy that creates the illusion of feeling good or bad, light and dark, good and evil. It's the division that creates the division.

Once we realise this state of entropic awareness exists, the natural none energetic state, it has an effect on the mind and body equally of reducing the overall energy level, which is perceived by the mind/body as lethargy.

This is why rest is necessary, to elevate the energy levels once again, grounding by activity bleeds fresh energy back in. We still have knowledge of the infinite, none energetic state, but can function in the material body in a more harmonious way.

Edited by - karl on Jul 02 2011 03:39:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  03:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nice
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000