Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Ache in solar plexus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

little_rad

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  04:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

For the past few days, I have experienced an ache in my solar plexus. It is not 'stomach ache' but my appetite has almost entirely gone (normally I'm a total piggy).

I don't feel 'ill', it definately feels 'energetic'. Along with this ache, I have lingering emotions such as vulnerability, sadness, longing. It's almost beautiful in a way, but uncomfortable.

I have been doing the Solar Centring method for about a month or so. Don't know if it's related.

Any support, advice etc would be gratefully received.

Little rad x

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  04:56:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey :)

I felt heat in the solar plexus when I added the solar centering enhancement but it passed with time and self pacing. It is likely your symptoms are related to this addition as well. During practices the ache and emotions can be treated as any other scenery. If you are finding these too uncomfortable then the rules of self pacing apply and you would be wise to scale back practices. This would also be advisable if these symptoms are affecting your day to day life.

Much love and best of luck, Narayana.

Edited by - jamuna on Jun 28 2011 05:01:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  08:38:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Narayana has given you great advice.

If the emotions coming up and/or the pain in that area are very strong and make you uncomfortable, do back off the solar enhancement for a bit.

The appetite will come back, at times we go through a phase where we need to eat light and this would be one of those phases. Eat lighter and nutritious foods at this time. Also cooling foods is a great idea.

Then once this phase passes, you will get your appetite back. Go with what the body is telling you.. it works out great.
Go to Top of Page

little_rad

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  08:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your great advice. I shall reduce amount of DM. I had cranked it up to 15 mins of DM (preceeded by 3 mins alternate nostril breathing). I will now only do 7 to 10 mins DM (with the usual ANB).

The emotions are very strong today. Is it purification? Why are some people sensitive to the practices?

Appetite very low, but body is allowing me to eat a light vegan diet! This is someone who normally just eats everything! :)

Thanks again lovely people x

Go to Top of Page

little_rad

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  06:06:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

I have reduced amount of DM (with solar centering) for a few days now. I still have pangs of emotional pain throughout the day, radiating from my solar plexus. It's less often than it was before, but it still hurts.

Hurts more when I eat too. God knows what my body's doing!!

Although I am aware of the benefits of fasting, I have been conditioned to see it as 'unhealthy'. If my loved ones were aware of how little I'm eating, they would be worried and think I was ill or something. I don't feel ill though. I feel lighter and clearer this way, though slightly out of control! My mind wants reassurance . . .

x
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  08:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Little_rad,

Do you exercise?
When emotional clearing is going on, it is important to be grounded by walking and exercising, else you can move into a slight depression that may be the cause of your loss in appetite. Please exercise, walk, run, swim, dance, dig in a garden... do stuff that will help you ground. Also, eat heavier foods... I know you have said you have lost your appetite, but when you eat, eat heavier stuff for a bit.

Also, get a physical done if you haven't had one in a while... just so as to rule out any medical condition that may be causing this.

Also:
quote:
I have reduced amount of DM (with solar centering)

Quit solar centering till this phase is gone. Just do meditation and maybe cut back on the time for deep meditation too.

Hope this phase passes soon.
Go to Top of Page

little_rad

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  08:44:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Grateful for your reply Shanti.

I do tons of exercise to balance out my spiritual practices. Good to know it's the right thing to do. Will carry on with that.

Will force myself to eat heavier too if that will help, and stop solar centering.

Will see Dr if it carries on. Thanx again for pointing me in da right direction!

X o x o x o
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000