Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Mantra went crazy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wisya

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  02:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi folks. This morning I had an odd experience. Instead of deliberately repeating the mantra, I decided to just try quietly listening for it and it worked a treat. It started off very quietly and evenly. After a while it lost definition and became a two tone sound. Later I noticed that it slowly was becoming faster. It eventually became so fast that I couldn't even hear the two tones anymore so got replaced with a kind of hum. But what I then noticed was that the mantra could only be perceived by a gentle flickering of light and this hum or buzz. Then suddenly it stopped and all went quiet. All was left was warm bliss and the void. I was like the mantra had burnt itself out. Shortly after my timer went off to mark the end of the session.

If this happens again, should I reintroduce the mantra or let it be. Also, was this experience normal?

RegardsRegards

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  08:32:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wisya

If this happens again, should I reintroduce the mantra or let it be. Also, was this experience normal?

It is nice to experiment and enjoy things like this once in a while, but in general I would suggest, go back to the mantra. Stay with the procedure no matter how things change... and it will change, the experiences will get more refined and beautiful, but if we constantly change our procedure with the changing inner scenery, we will never settle into the procedure. The idea is to, for the 20 min, stick to the lesson. I know it sounds counter intuitive... with everything else, we say accept what is going on, but the 20 min meditation is the exercise we do to get ourselves ready for the "accepting whatever is going on".

And was it normal... one persons normal may not be another persons normal... .. nothing is normal and yet it is all normal... we all have our experiences based on our inner obstructions unwinding... and what you experienced this time was perfectly normal for you.. will it happen again? Maybe, maybe not... it does not matter. Stay with the procedure and you will experience many other things.... they will all be normal for you.
Go to Top of Page

wisya

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  01:09:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank-you Shanti.

Wisya
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000