Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Inquiry about Deep Meditation duration
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sandip250382

India
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  09:52:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am getting bliss and joy in deep meditation. So, can I increase the duration of meditation at my will since I want to do it whenever I get some free time even in my workplace also? Will it be good for my progress?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  11:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sandip,
Welcome to the AYP forums.

The AYP deep meditation is not for feeling anything specific during meditation, but to enjoy the bliss and peace outside of meditation time.

During the 20 min we follow the procedure of repeating "i am" and any time we realize we have moved away from this (be it lost in thoughts or lost in bliss), we go back to repeating "i am". The 20 min is for working on accessing the stillness again and again and also purifying our nervous system.

If during the day you would like to become still for a few min, do so with breath meditation or centering your attention or just be silent for a few min (none of these are recommended in the beginning as it may cause overloads), however do not do the AYP deep meditation in between practices. We meditate for 20 min, twice a day using the procedure described in the lesson, then the in between time, we allow the stuff we stirred up (purification) and stillness we cultivated during our meditation to do what needs to be done and settle down.

We do our 20 min meditation, and then leave it to the stillness we cultivated in the 20 min to do us in the in between time.

Does this make sense?
Go to Top of Page

sandip250382

India
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  11:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti for the reply. Can you put further lights on 'Breath Meditation' since you recommended it?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  11:37:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm... I would really not recommend it in the beginning though, as it may become a habit that could creep into the deep meditation routine. If deep meditation is working for you, just stay with it till you become comfortable with the process before you add anything else.
You can look up breath meditation here or google it and there will be many sources describing the technique.
Go to Top of Page

MooNiNite

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  04:27:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a question regarding deep meditation duration as well.

I have recently heard that some people take up the routine of 1 hour meditation twice a day. They have the position that all of the kundalini symptoms will go away naturally with time and not to fight them.

Is this true? because i have a lot of free time on my hands and i would liek to make the most of it.

can i do two hours a day of meditation and not sustain any permanent damage to my nervous system?
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  05:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here at AYP we reccomend twice a day 20 minutes of meditation. Two hours a day would be too much if you are planning on AYP meditation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000