Enlightenment Milestones
 Scenery?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  02:39:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Went for a walk yesterday and had the experience of being unable to shake off the feeling that I was meditating. It was like being awake within a dream. I was able to be the awareness of plants, rocks, animals, this doesn't mean I became the object only the awareness.

This meant that I experienced everything as scenery just as I expect within meditation, prompting the I am mantra to start up without trying.

At this point I was actively trying to stop the mantra because I knew that I wasn't consciously meditating, yet couldn't escape the implication that I might always be meditating and everything was equal in the scenery.

This is very difficult to write as it also appears as scenery. I'm fine with this and just accept it along with everything else.

When is scenery not scenery? Now it seems it is always scenery and so am I.

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  04:38:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl
When is scenery not scenery? Now it seems it is always scenery and so am I.

All is illusion and so am I. I cannot be seperate from it, call it what you will. For me it is like ice finding it is water, part of the greater and not seperate. If there is illusion then I'm equally part of that.
~Karl
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=9647#83074

Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!!!

Go beyond the seer, seeing and scenery.

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha

Go on, go on,
Go beyond,
Go altogether beyond,
Beyond the seeker who seeks,
Gone forever!

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  3:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, looking at that original post I recognise it has spilt out from internalisation to externalisation.

You asked in that previous post if I was experiencing this 24/7. I couldn't answer that as it made no sense so the answer could only be no, now I realise that there is awareness even while sleeping. You mention bliss, the traditional idea of bliss I don't identify with. What there is seems to be occasional transparency, a feeling of being like vapour but without any sensation, emotion or thought. Just being, timeless in the moment, formless and luminous with everything.

You are aware of this state of being ?
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  7:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yes, looking at that original post I recognise it has spilt out from internalisation to externalisation.

You asked in that previous post if I was experiencing this 24/7. I couldn't answer that as it made no sense so the answer could only be no, now I realise that there is awareness even while sleeping. You mention bliss, the traditional idea of bliss I don't identify with. What there is seems to be occasional transparency, a feeling of being like vapour but without any sensation, emotion or thought. Just being, timeless in the moment, formless and luminous with everything.

Great, tell us more about your aware sleeping. How long do you sleep? Do you dream? What happens when you lie down to sleep and when you get up?

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  08:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

quote:

Great, tell us more about your aware sleeping. How long do you sleep? Do you dream? What happens when you lie down to sleep and when you get up?

There is nothing to tell. I'm aware while in all states. In a sense it's like asking how I am aware in a different way when I get on a bus. Neither more or less aware than before boarding. My body gets on with doing things, my mind continues to get on with things, my dreams continue just as before. It's not even a dream within a dream because there is no difference in awareness from awake to asleep to dream, just one scenery with different levels of interaction on a physical level.

How do you interpret:

Go on, go on,
Go beyond,
Go altogether beyond,
Gone forever!

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  09:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
There is nothing to tell. I'm aware while in all states. In a sense it's like asking how I am aware in a different way when I get on a bus. Neither more or less aware than before boarding. My body gets on with doing things, my mind continues to get on with things, my dreams continue just as before. It's not even a dream within a dream because there is no difference in awareness from awake to asleep to dream, just one scenery with different levels of interaction on a physical level.

So you are saying that your Mind keeps dreaming/interacting while you remain aware of its dreaming/interactions. And your body keeps doing things and you remain aware of its actions in an unshakable, silent & aware state. That's beautiful!

Its an advanced state of meditation. This state is body and mind dependant and will end when you become unconscious (in Deep Sleep, or when someone hits your head and you collapse unconscious, or when you die - the soul departs from the body).

Its not a state of Samadhi. So if you die in this state, you will still have to reincarnate again.

Being in Samadhi is like being a motionless flame of candle. The mind is perfectly still, tranquil, dreamless and thoughtless. Being in Samadhi and Dreaming at the same time is not possible. Because one is beyond body, mind, time and space.

quote:

How do you interpret:

Go on, go on,
Go beyond,
Go altogether beyond,
Gone forever!

Go beyond Body
Go beyond Mind
Go beyond Soul (being, I Am)
Go beyond God (non-being, No I Am)

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  02:55:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma
Go beyond Body
Go beyond Mind

Just wanted to clarify bit further.

As you know, Mind can be trained to endure physical suffering. Because when you are in the realm of Mind, you are beyond Body.

Similarly, when you are in witnessing nature of your Soul (Being), you go beyond Mind.

And when you are established in God (Unmanifested Self), you go beyond the illusion of Soul too.

But the reality is even beyond.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  08:51:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I cannot comprehend Samhadi. It sounds like attaining death while maintaining the illusion.

Much like Shakespeare's Hamlet in reverse, where he believes that in death he may experience dream/illusion. Samadhi is life without dream/illusion?

Weird, I think it's like trying to imagine swimming the English Channel without ever experiencing water.

Which ever way things go I'm happy to just keep on keeping on and continue to be the passenger of my practices and not the driver.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  09:09:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I cannot comprehend Samhadi. It sounds like attaining death while maintaining the illusion.

Much like Shakespeare's Hamlet in reverse, where he believes that in death he may experience dream/illusion. Samadhi is life without dream/illusion?

Weird, I think it's like trying to imagine swimming the English Channel without ever experiencing water.

Which ever way things go I'm happy to just keep on keeping on and continue to be the passenger of my practices and not the driver.

Would there be Hamlet without Shakespeare?

You are the passenger, the driver, the illusion, the illusionist and beyond.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  10:10:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Or it can be said that you are the screen, the image projected on the screen, the projector, the film, the seats, the people sitting on the seats watching the movie and yet beyond all of them and none of them.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  4:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, intellectually I have understood this for quite a long while now so none of that is new. I used to spin that to others in the sure knowlege I understood it, like the rules of some cosmic game.

As I can only share the experiences I have decided to leave the philosophies and rules alone. No matter how many books I read about getting to the Moon the pile of paper only gets me a few feet off the ground in practical terms.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  12:41:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yes, intellectually I have understood this for quite a long while now so none of that is new. I used to spin that to others in the sure knowlege I understood it, like the rules of some cosmic game.

Great.

The philosophy, the books, the practices, the meditation... are like a Hypnotist's reverse count when they want a person to come out from the hypnotic sleep.

Wakie Wakie!!

So philosophy and practices both play an important part.

Its like a person is hypnotised and made believe that he is a Monkey. He will act like a monkey. And when the hypnotism ends he will not remember that he was a Monkey.

Similarly, we are all in a kind of hypnotised state ever since birth. And these philosophies, the scriptures, the practices, the gurus help us to end the hypnosis and realise our true nature.

The day the hypnosis ends and we are awake, all these philosophies, scriptures, and practices will become useless. Not before.
quote:

As I can only share the experiences I have decided to leave the philosophies and rules alone. No matter how many books I read about getting to the Moon the pile of paper only gets me a few feet off the ground in practical terms.

Morpheus: I've seen an agent punch through a concrete wall. Men have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air. Yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules. Because of that, they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be.

Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?

Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

~ The Matrix

Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  07:38:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl

I think something similar happened to me a while back:

I was standing in a queue and all of a sudden I was in a meditative state - I felt bigger; everything seemed fake and dream like; and I was merging with everything at once.

It lasted for a few minutes, but I had to function again because it was my turn to be served (damn it, always the way!).

Not enlightened yet , so I don't think it has made much of a difference. Just scenery. Just got to keep practicing!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  09:23:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[Wakie Wakie!!]
There will come a time when one will have to forget all that one has learned. ./Ramana Maharshi

Edited by - maheswari on Jul 01 2011 09:26:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  3:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow this dialogue has made me think. I suddenly understand the first chapter of the bible!

Like iron smelted from ore we are impermanent, changed by the application of energy and always returning back to the homogenous ore and giving up the stored energy. Bound into the material is awareness, charged by the same energy. It is an unnatural state and creates a tension. In this state we are infinitely divisible and available for infinite combination. You can hear it in music, see it in films, everything we create has juxtaposition between the resting state and the energy state. It is the division that creates the oscillation between light and dark, good and evil.

The homogenous awareness has no energy, entropy rules, there is no light or dark here, the awareness rests in it's own motionless state. It is formless and infinite. That is our nature. Beyond all. An entropic stillness.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  3:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
excellent Karl...thank u
really very well said

Edited by - maheswari on Jul 01 2011 3:54:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  12:16:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The homogenous awareness has no energy, entropy rules, there is no light or dark here, the awareness rests in it's own motionless state. It is formless and infinite. That is our nature. Beyond all. An entropic stillness.

Marvelous!!

Trinity: What's he doing?

Morpheus: He's beginning to believe.

~ The Matrix

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  11:48:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Go beyond Body
Go beyond Mind

just bumped into that quote by Ramana Maharshi:

"Iswara, God, the creator, the personal God, is the last of the unreal forms to go. Only the absolute being is real. Hence, not only the world, not only the ego, but also the personal God are of unreality. We must find the absolute - nothing less"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000