Enlightenment Milestones
 What was this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rowan74

Germany
8 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  1:49:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
First of all I'm not really sure if this question/description is supposed to be in "Enlightenment Milestones"...but at the moment it seems right.

Okay, here goes: about a week ago I was meditating as usual with AYAM, then after about 15 minutes or so there was the inner silence. But this time something else happened, which I try to describe as best as I can.
I had the feeling that I was two "Me" - my regular Me, and another Me which was somehow observing what no. 1 was doing. As if the one "I" was detached and the other "I" was like 'over there'.

Anybody else experience this?

all the best

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  2:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rowan74

First of all I'm not really sure if this question/description is supposed to be in "Enlightenment Milestones"...but at the moment it seems right.

Okay, here goes: about a week ago I was meditating as usual with AYAM, then after about 15 minutes or so there was the inner silence. But this time something else happened, which I try to describe as best as I can.
I had the feeling that I was two "Me" - my regular Me, and another Me which was somehow observing what no. 1 was doing. As if the one "I" was detached and the other "I" was like 'over there'.

all the best

An excellent milestone, showing progress during DM. You needn't worry about your perception. Just easily find the mantra. If Brahama shows up in a chariot, smile and go back to the mantra. If "you" split into 10, smile and easily go back to the mantra.

Every thought, feeling or perception during DM is just scenery. Just easily go back to the mantra.

Perhaps this is your first taste of the witness state.. perhaps scenery. But good stuff.

I advise that you read up fully on Deep Meditation.. the book is quite excellent. I myself just bought the download.. its cheap and easy to read on my laptop. Nothing beats the book.

Good things are happening!

Love you,

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  03:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Happy Birthday Two You!

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  04:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lol...manigma ..u are really good at playing on words meaning...
with spituual practices we all notice that our sense of humour tends to increase
Dear Yogani u should add "increased sense of humour" as a benefit of meditation in DM book
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  10:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

all the best

Hi Rowan,
It is a beautiful experience right? It is the emergence of the witness. I have experienced this, and many others have too.
At first it feels like a separate person... like I am watching over me... but you will soon get used to it and it will feel normal.

Good things are happening.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=7266
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=5437
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  12:39:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

Dear Yogani u should add "increased sense of humour" as a benefit of meditation in DM book

Oh, that is a given. When bliss is tickled in stillness, the result is endless laughter.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  12:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

But nobody will pull my finger
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  01:34:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

Oh, that is a given. When bliss is tickled in stillness, the result is endless laughter.

The guru is in you.

LOL!

I was born laughing!

Go to Top of Page

rowan74

Germany
8 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  08:27:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to everybody on giving me their opinion/info on this.

The experience wasn't really 'weird' or unexpected, it just happened and the reaction was something like "nice...intriguing" not so much in words but more as a feeling.
It came as a surprise since I normally "only" experience the silence and a feeling along the lines of 'everything is ok as it is - no need to search' combined with an involuntary farmer's smile

keep on practicing

Edited by - rowan74 on May 21 2011 08:47:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  06:00:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome experience Rowan

May you experience more of the same.

Love n Light
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  5:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice experience Rowan

Just last week I was sitting in the bathtub and had the same thing you are describing. There was the chatter of the thoughts for a while and suddenly being with it all I noticed a deeper feeling like a deeper "me", and the thought came up: "there is another person here" (thinking of the chattering mind).....

I thought it was interesting
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000