Enlightenment Milestones
 the witness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  1:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
for a while now most of the time in daily life i am in what Yogani and the Bhagavad Gita call stillness in action.....2 days ago i noticed something new...inside me there is an unmoving entity...never changing,,,silent and observing the tasks i am doing...is it the rise od the witness ?
the witness awarness in not 100 percent established yet...it comes and goes....but when it comes it is positive because it is unchakable..strong presence...
i guess even the witness should be transended...because it still implies the trio of seer,seen and seeing...
any comments? thank u all

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  5:50:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

for a while now most of the time in daily life i am in what Yogani and the Bhagavad Gita call stillness in action.....2 days ago i noticed something new...inside me there is an unmoving entity...never changing,,,silent and observing the tasks i am doing...is it the rise od the witness ?
the witness awarness in not 100 percent established yet...it comes and goes....but when it comes it is positive because it is unchakable..strong presence...
i guess even the witness should be transended...because it still implies the trio of seer,seen and seeing...
any comments? thank u all

A friend forwarded this link to me, so I'll share my experience, and wrap it up with a summary, from my perspective of understanding. If this helps great.. if not.. just ignore it.

When I was born, "I" was a golden awareness field.. and only about 4 years later did I notice that I had this body attached somehow.

When I was about 5, I had my nose smashed in, and I suddenly realized that I was a body.. the godeln awareness was gone.

When I was 12, I found myself doing automatic yoga practices, and the golden awareness came partially back.

Then I spent decades chasing after the "scenery" of the golden awareness.. well.. when having a body was an afterthought... when having a body was the unreal scenery.. it's hard for me to speak in the belittling manner so many do about 'scenery'. I WAS the scenery for a long time.

Then I spent about 10 years enveloped 80% by silence and 20% by a powerful sense of Self, but they weren't fully integrated.

Then, about a few months ago, the enormous sense of Self started to disintegrate.. until there was only the body.. with no separation between self, silence, and Self.

Now, as of a month ago, the sense of having a separate, powerful sense of Self is back.. only now that Self is dying.. it's vaporizing.. as is my first chakra.. it's hard to describe.

Now, I feel Awareness, and the Seeds of Structure that are eternally co-existent within the One, and I still feel what everyone wants to call a "separate ego" and a lot of silence. I'm trying to record this stuff.. so when I stop wanting to record it.. maybe that "separate ego" will be gone.. who knows..

In summary, I'd say that as purification goes deeper and deeper and deeper, that we will have islands of feeling a "child" or transcendant "Self" and ALSO existing on some other level, such as
our "normal selves" (egos).. until it's all integrated again..

The squeeky wheel gets the grease you know... when Kundalni bathes those aeon old impurities known as "our higher selves", they seem more alive, like a Sun going Supernova for a few minutes.. then they
fade away.. leaving only the Silence I suspect.

That is my analysis.

I myself wonder if at some point, Awareness will be thundering and blinding yet absolutely invisible and silent at the same time.. or whehter in the end end end, there will only be pure silence, unless something pokes it with a stick with Samyama say.. I don't know yet..
And I don't care how it all works out. I'm just along for the ride until I'm not here anymore.

Love,

Kev

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  01:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kevincann
And I don't care how it all works out. I'm just along for the ride until I'm not here anymore.

If you think you are really here and that you are not going to be here, if you think that you come and go, that is your delusion.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  01:48:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari
i guess even the witness should be transended...

Yes, I guess the Guru in you guessed it right. Even this witness is but an illusion.

The 'I am' is the Guru in a body which is witnessed by the Self or 'Satguru' in you, which is unmanifested.

The 'I am' has great potency; the entire manifestation has come from it. Go to the 'I am' state, remain there, merge, an go beyond.

All yoga and practices come through the consciousness of 'I am', which is itself an illusion.

~Nisargadatta Gita
http://www.stillnessspeaks.com/The_...tta_E-Books/

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  1:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thx manigma
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000