Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Rising Ecstacy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thezuck

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  02:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit thezuck's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So i have been doing DM and SBP for about 4 months. The last two sessions i have felt an increase in sensitivity and rising bliss. The last session I actually cut short because the ecstasy got so deep and intense I felt like I would explode into orgasm. With all the warnings on self-pacing, I want to make sure that its natural and Im not pushing myself to hard. I do no more than 10 min pranayama and 20 minutes DM.
Up to this point, my meditation has simply led me to increasingly more refined states of inner silence. On a few occasions, Ive had small pulses of pleasure and the feeling of automatic breath retention and my sinuses "clearing", sense becoming sharpened.

Is the bliss something to be worried about? Afterwards, I had a strong sense of accomplishment, which led to an analysis of my ego and my reasons for doing my practice. Obviously the feeling was amazingly pleasurable, but.....made me nervous after reading all the horror stories.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Much LOVE!

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  04:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
bliss is our natural state so no need to worry...enjoy the ecstasy...but dont expect it each time...
as for the ego...ask yourself who is this i who is experiencing all these sensations? the ego will subside once it knows it is all passing experiences
there is no need to worry about the horror stories you are doing fine (the rise of inner silence is a very good sign) plus you have the forum if u ever need help ...but remember always to self pace according to your experiences
best of luck
Go to Top of Page

thezuck

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  5:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit thezuck's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your feedback! My concern was that ive been trying to take my time, be patient and do it right... something I dont do very often in my life.

I had felt little surges of bliss before in my meditation...but it took such a big jump that I was wondering if I should ease up a bit....let it arise more gradually. I guess Ill see what happens and remember to stay focused on the mantra.

and thanks for the perspective on the ego - he's a sneaky guy
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  8:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by thezuck
The last session I actually cut short because the ecstasy got so deep and intense I felt like I would explode into orgasm.

Thanks for sharing, thezuck, and maheswari.

Regarding times when it is like you say, "ecstasy got so deep and intense I felt like I would explode into orgasm:" When I get to that point these days, I keep returning gently to the mantra come what may. That is the AYP practice (as I understand it).

Also, in addition to my practices which include SPB and DM, I end with a recommended rest period of about five minutes (minimum). If you do not have a rest period, I suggest giving it a try.

Now for the scenery during. The actual results have not been what I would call "explosive" although my conditioning with conventional ejaculatory orgasm would lead me to expect that. Actually, for me it has been more a smooth interior unfolding, with interior and exterior not longer defined mainly by the level of the skin. When the non-ejaculatory orgasmic flow comes, it is like sea grass undulating in a gently flowing current on a sunny day. It is scenery. Results will very

Love Peace and Light
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  06:41:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A deeper analysis seems not necessary. Cleansing the sinuses joins to the scratchy third eye presumably deeper than the point between the eyebrows, were acupoints also a stuffy nose caused and filled by the sinuses. More a blockage than as the pain disappears when the energy flow there is reestablished.

But nevertheless a sign of spiritual process allowing better inner reflection till it becomes a distraction needing return to the mantra. It seems to be more a Western heritage of the inner forum of conscience. Is it in the head or the heart?

Sharpening outer senses or the awakening of certain parts of the body. e.g. the cheeks are further good signs allowing also joyful contemplations with open eyes, if sufficient energies remain for the inside use. Otherwise it's energy loss to the outside.

Axel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000