Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Thoughts!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  11:14:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

Today as soon as I got from the bed I had this two thoughts in my mind. One of them is beyond my thinking and that stream of thought was like I have got no control over them and it was going in my native language and apart from that I was conciously thinking or rather running a thought in my mind which involves my plan for the day. But Sudeently thats when i noticed waiting a sec. iam right now thinking this planning thought and how come another thought or some chatter is running behind it?

Then I brought myself to the present moment to stop both the thoughts.

Any ideas? Have anyone felt this happen to you?

Pls do share!

Love n Light
Gayatri

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  01:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vijikr
Then I brought myself to the present moment to stop both the thoughts.

Mind is made of energy (Shakti). And Shakti is restless.

When you think you are thinking, dancing, having fun, crying, jumping, laughing... etc. It is Shakti.

When you feel tired and go to sleep, its Shakti recharging itself.

Shiva, on the other hand is quiet still and delighted in its own being, thoughtless... simply aware and blissful.

And you, Gayatri, keeps shifting between Shakti and Shiva all its life.

Go beyond.

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  07:43:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You Manigma!
Go to Top of Page

david752

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  08:35:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit david752's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mind is not just energy, "shakti". Mind can consist of quiet, powerful, life-supporting thoughts, or of selfish, fearful, obsessive, life-negative thoughts.

The difference is not the type of energy, or a problem with your attitude, or not living in the moment, or an evil ego. It is not anything so subtle. The difference is stress stored in the nervous system. It is stress (overload) that damages the nervous system and makes it weak and attached to the mind and body, which are not actually central to life.

Our stored stresses are THE root problem of our times. They result in individual suffering and the world miseries of poverty, politics, and war.

Eliminating stored stresses is easy, thanks to the ability of our nervous system to heal itself. All that is needed is deep rest, deeper than we get during sleep at night. That is where Yogani's Deep Meditation (transcending) comes in. This effortless procedure generates deep rest by allowing the mind to settle toward a ground state of inner silence. Even if the mind cannot reach that ground state (due to stored stress), enough deep rest is experienced to begin melting away the stored stresses.

This melting, or dissolving, or release of stress is the goal of meditation. It is what refreshes and rejuvenates us. It is what simplifies and purifies the mind, so that thinking becomes increasingly strong and life-supporting.

Stress release is completely automatic and effortless. Any trying can only interfere. That is why innocence is our best attitude during deep meditation. We practice regularly and just don't mind if the mind is filled with thoughts, or if it seems impossible to think. Many different experiences are possible when releasing stress. We don't try to think the mantra. We don't try to clear our mind. We don't try. We just accept everything that comes without worry or avoidance. A better life is coming soon!

David Spector
Natural Stress Relief/USA
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  09:59:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David,

That was awesome explaination!:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000