Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 feelings during med.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  11:08:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Can things be going on in the brain or mind during meditation that one is not aware of? A lot of times I get 'feelings' during meditation but have no idea of where they come from or why their happening. Perhaps it's part of the cleansing process but it is still a mystery to me.

Edited by - lmaher22 on Jul 10 2011 11:10:10 AM

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  1:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think so!

I had a spell of getting a feeling of when you work something out and say to yourself "Oh yeah!". And then thinking "eh?". Then back to the mantra!

It's a mystery to me too. But being like that it's more exciting that way
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  2:46:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I had a spell of getting a feeling of when you work something out and say to yourself "Oh yeah!". And then thinking "eh?". Then back to the mantra!

yes this common over here too
Go to Top of Page

Anakletos4

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  05:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's natural! Even a mantra can be defined as feeling! You're allowed to feel even when you are still and thoughts are empty. Feeling is just an aspect of being human :)

If you're feeling TOO much, then balance. If you're feeling too little, question why nothing arises and remove that question if no response is given.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000