Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 cough
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2011 :  4:27:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I caught a cold last week and it is lingering on with a cough now, which is a pain in meditation.

Any advice on what to do when I start coughing during meditation, and should I skip SB until my cough clears up..?

thanks

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2011 :  8:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well, I just ignored it meditating tonight and it seemed to go away...

so there ya go!

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  07:50:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes yogesh thats the spirit you ignore it and go back to the mantra and soon it'll be gone..

Love n Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  08:02:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Lovely that it worked out this way Yogesh!!

I get a dry spot in my throat at times that can be really bothersome in meditation and spinal breathing (and sleep). I generally have some kanthil handy, but you can use anything that will sooth the throat, like whole cloves, or some small sized candy/cough drop that has honey in it. Just keeping that in your mouth during your practice will keep the cough away.
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  09:48:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks folks....!!!

Loving my practice, started amaroli about a 10 days ago....!!

"Into The Great Wide Open"

Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  11:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
In my exprience one can often get a 'tickly' throat and coughing fits during energy work/meditation and I think it is caused by the energy movement and not necessarily any other reason.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  3:17:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by riptiz

Hi,
In my exprience one can often get a 'tickly' throat and coughing fits during energy work/meditation and I think it is caused by the energy movement and not necessarily any other reason.
L&L
Dave

when I started this thread it was because of a cold related cough, but I have experienced what you say also...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000