Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mandala

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2011 :  12:52:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When I meditate I just feel a deep peace and emptiness. I mean when I sit to meditate with no objective other than to observe.

(I am not talking about the mantra meditation)

So I am wondering, is this 'the' goal?

I almost feel there is no point to meditate because nothing happens, I just feel peace...! Not that it is a bad thing, just that there is no progress. Also i'm not sure if that is bad either, so I am just putting this out there to see what people think.

Also noteworthy is that 'I' experienced Nirvikalpa Samadhi in 2008 and have had a few other spontaneous meditation/samadhi experiences since. Although I have never experienced Nirvikalpa Samadhi again. I am not even sure if it is 'necessary' to go there again. I am certainly not trying for that as an end in itself.

I have also been told by astrologers that I have a very 'peaceful' chart and that I could be a spiritual teacher.

I don't quite feel ready to teach yet.

Happy to share this with the community.

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2011 :  2:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mandala,

You are right to be questioning what is happening. As you probably suspected, deep peace and emptiness are not the goal of meditation. The goal of meditation is liberation, a.k.a. enlightenment, which is not really a goal as there is no end point to the process of enlightenment. It is an unending journey, during which deep peace and emptiness experienced during meditation are good milestones which occur along the way. Another important milestone is when that experience of peace and emptiness becomes an ongoing 24 hour a day experience. There are many other milestones that we can pass on the journey.... the body becomes ecstatic, joyful, radiant and filled and overflowing with light. The heart opens and overspills with divine love. The Self is seen in all things as we begin to experience the unity of all existence. We come to know and feel ourselves as that radiant awareness shining from the heart of all things. This is just the beginning of the enlightenment process. It is a long road.

Goals can be useful, as they can spur us on to the next level, but eventually it is good to let go of the idea that there is a goal to reach, or that you have reached any goal. Much better to let go into silence and stillness and let everything unfold as it should.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  01:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mandala
Also noteworthy is that 'I' experienced Nirvikalpa Samadhi in 2008 and have had a few other spontaneous meditation/samadhi experiences since. Although I have never experienced Nirvikalpa Samadhi again. I am not even sure if it is 'necessary' to go there again. I am certainly not trying for that as an end in itself.

What exactly do you call Nirvikalpa Samadhi?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000