Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Books
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  1:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I think I have to stop reading other books for awhile. There is too much conflicting information out there I.E. 'there is a God-there isn't' or 'the mind can't understand the mind, so mantras and meditation are useless' or 'you must this or you must that'. I'm sure everyone has experienced it. AYP seems to be an open, accepting forum that gives a few pointers of how to go about it. Simple enough. But I have been disillusioned in past spiritual practices, to the point that sometimes I wondered if things 'work' for us just because we believe they will. Not sure. Still I have gotten some emotional relief in the past year from meditation; maybe that should be enough? My thanks to everyone in year.
L.

Rajeev Sethi

India
50 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  07:53:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lmaher22

Simple enough. But I have been disillusioned in past spiritual practices, to the point that sometimes I wondered if things 'work' for us just because we believe they will. Not sure.

I too very often feel the same ... "if things 'work' for us just because we believe they will."
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  09:27:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lmaher22

I think I have to stop reading other books for awhile. There is too much conflicting information out there I.E. 'there is a God-there isn't' or 'the mind can't understand the mind, so mantras and meditation are useless' or 'you must this or you must that'. I'm sure everyone has experienced it. AYP seems to be an open, accepting forum that gives a few pointers of how to go about it. Simple enough. But I have been disillusioned in past spiritual practices, to the point that sometimes I wondered if things 'work' for us just because we believe they will. Not sure. Still I have gotten some emotional relief in the past year from meditation; maybe that should be enough? My thanks to everyone in year.
L.

It is our intent in conjunction with our surrender in conjunction with simple practices (such as AYP) that can produce results.

If even one of those elements is out of kilter, say we fight our egos or what not, then there won't be much progress. This is why I have been posting about intent, surrender and ego, to assist others with their AYP practices.

In the world of spiritual practice, many systems are unduly complex. So the word "simple" is actually high praise for AYP.

Love,

Kev

Edited by - kevincann on Jun 13 2011 11:13:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  7:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think many of us go through a phase like you're describing, L. Yoga is an experiential path, so with practice we begin to discover Truth for ourselves. Books are wonderful, but the wordless Book of Life is beyond them all. Only words and concepts can conflict with each other. Truth simply Is.

Love
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  12:40:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  06:53:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I look at this way, if I had terminal cancer and someone told me that a certain medicine would cure me if I took it and I took it and it worked even though I knew that it was nothing more than the placebo effect I wouldn't care either way. "I AM That" might be a good book for you if you haven't read it already.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000