Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Bitter Sweet Symphony
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  02:28:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've never prayed, but tonight I'm on my knees
I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me
I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind
I feel free now
But the airways are clean and there's nobody singing to me now

'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life
Try to make ends meet, you're a slave to money then you die
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down
You know the one that takes you to the places
Where all the veins meet, yeah

No change, I can change, I can change, I can change
But I'm here in my mold, I am here in my mold
And I'm a million different people from one day to the next
I can't change my mold, no, no, no, no, no

You know I can change, I can change, I can change, I can change
But I'm here in my mold, I am here in my mold.

The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  03:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wooow i am surpised...manigma u know this song !!!
amazing music indeed
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  04:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i like to think he means the Heart
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  09:45:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

i like to think he means the Heart

I love when he says no, no, no, no, no... and shuts his eyes.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  12:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
maybe we should make a revolution and turn this forum into indie and alternative music review forum
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  02:24:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
he doesn't seem very sensitive of his environment.. keeps hitting himself out of ignorance.. sure needs to change his mold

this is what really happens to people who jump on cars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEgOgi5urv8
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  07:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chiron

he doesn't seem very sensitive of his environment.. keeps hitting himself out of ignorance.. sure needs to change his mold

this is what really happens to people who jump on cars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEgOgi5urv8

This guy reminded me of genius Jeffrey Goines (Brad Pitt) from the movie Twelve Monkeys. He is admitted in a mental hospital but according to him its the people outside the mental hospital who are actually mad.

Goines: We're consumers, Jim. Buy a lot of stuff, you're a good citizen. But if you don't buy a lot of stuff, if you don't, what are you then, I ask you? What? Mentally *ill*. Fact, Jim, fact - if you don't buy things - toilet paper, new cars, computerized yo-yos, electrically-operated sexual devices, stereo systems with brain-implanted headphones, screwdrivers with miniature built-in radar devices, voice-activated computers...

Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  6:24:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah too much fighting to acquire and protect things, whistles and bells. The physical body is one of those things too.
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  6:57:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
WoW..was just listening to this song yesterday and thinking about posting its lyrics, thanks manigma!!
Go to Top of Page

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2011 :  9:54:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I remember being in a very very painful "mood" and after some friend cheered me up just by being in a happy and blissfull state I listened to that song and my words were: yep that's life - absolutely :D
Then this song was my favourite for quite a while
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2011 :  11:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The music is an old Rolling Stones song "The Last Time", slowed way down. I think it's better that way.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2011 :  03:29:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ohhh it is Rolling Stones track originally ...did not know that
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2011 :  04:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love this song by Rolling Stones. It was written by Bob Dylan.

Like a Rolling Stone - Rolling Stones
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...+stone&meta=

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2011 :  1:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i cant get no satisfacrtion is far better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpZ3dVpE_pY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000