Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 The Witness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  5:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm just finishing up Y's other fine book on the rise of the Witness. I'm 57 and have been med on and off (more off than on) for twenty years or so. For the past year I've been much more dedicated to it and for the past few months really into AYP. I know no one can say for sure but is there a chance of the Witness appearing in just a few years of meditation? Med and Yogani have already given me a lot so I'll keep med no matter what but if I thought I'd have a chance at getting to this stage maybe I'd be even more committed? Maybe not? Anyone got a ballpark figure?
Many thanks,
L.

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  01:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Larry

Yes, the witness can be noticed in less than a few years of AYP practice. Everyone is different, so I don't know how accurate a ballpark figure would be. For some, it's weeks or months, for others it's longer. Committed practice helps, as does proper self-pacing and letting go of results. At least this is my experience.

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  6:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Cosmic.
Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  02:08:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Larry
Everyone has a different matrix of obstuctions lodged whithin their nervous system.. so like cosmic said its hard to give you a ball park figure on how long it might take but consistancy and persistance will work in your favour.

I would say with the whole AYP kit at your disposal there is no doubt you will be able to reach the witness stage. . .in fact... why leave it there! Others have achieved far more with only a handful of years of consistant twice daily AYP practice.

Wishing you the best of luck. Much LOVE Narayana

ps. If you have only tried the meditation and feel comfortable in it maybe give the spinal breathing a try. In time it can be a very effective addition to your spiritual practices.

Edited by - jamuna on Jun 28 2011 02:09:58 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000