Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 silly stuff
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  4:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When I'm chomping on the bit wanting to meditate and then I do it's usually a difficult meditation that I have to struggle to get through. Then when I don't want to do any med I can easily wind up with an easy one. This doesn't happen all the time but still much too often. It's almost been the same with a good chunk of my life I.E. when I'm not looking forward to something it turns out good and visa versa. There is also this 'magical thinking' silly thing connected to me somehow. Example: I'm watching a football game and out of nowhere a thought comes to me that says if the kicker makes this difficult kick I'm going to win the game...
I don't intentionally cause this to happen, I don't want it to happen and it's scary at times; but more than 70% of the time it's correct. Dumb, I know. But fear, superstition, depression, ADD, in fact name all the silly things a neurotic can have--- oh don't let me forget hypochondria and fear of death--- have dogged me all my life. Wish I found Yogani years and years ago and had the guts to follow him! Ah, maybe I should consider myself lucky I did now.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000