Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Heart beat/pulse in right ear
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  06:04:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everybody :)
what is with this heart beat I keep hearing on my right ear...anyone has gone/is going through this...

& during DM,as if I'm pulled from inside my left nose towards right,lol
All pleasant...nothing uncomfortable...just wish to know what may lead to these symptoms.

Love;
Delara

Yaming

Switzerland
112 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  1:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The feeling of movement or pulling is probably some energy moving around. I sometimes felt as if my body was off centered and when I opened my eyes I wasn't. It disappears after a while. About the heart beat, I don't know your right ear must need some massage form your heart
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  03:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yaming;
thank you for ur reply.
I agree with the first part that it's some energy movement but want to know why it happens...I'm not sure about second part of ur reply,lol...

Love;
Delara
Go to Top of Page

Yaming

Switzerland
112 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  11:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was told it happens because:

1. Energy unbalance, those arrise normally as we usually use one side of our body more than the other one (for any kind of movement we have to have energy in order to execute it).
2. Some kind of blockage is opening up.

-> in either case the energy is adjusting itself in the body causing all kind of sensations. Obviously there has to be some kind of sensation, as our nervous system response to stimulus.

And yes I know this explanation is not really satisfying maybe someone else has a better one. So far science is only starting to step into such areas.
Didn't you know that ears like to get massages from hearts?
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  2:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
massages? <=>messages ?
thank you Yaming...[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Yaming

Switzerland
112 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  3:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just joking with the ear. No massage nor message.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  11:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  12:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Delara

Hello everybody :)
what is with this heart beat I keep hearing on my right ear...anyone has gone/is going through this...

Hi Delara,
I have been hearing a slow thumping sound in my right ear during many of my meditations for the last 3 years or so. It sounds like someone is banging a drum with a soft mallet. Thump, thump, thump.. The beat is slower than my physical heart beat. When I first started hearing it I was meditating on a farm, where there is lots of quiet. I wondered who was chopping wood or what kind of a machine could be running outside. The soft beating sounds like it is about 300 yards away, and always in the same location, on the right side of the head.

Then I found some articles on the 'etheric heart' and, because it said that the etheric heart is larger than the physical heart and beats more slowly, I concluded that this sound is the sound of the etheric heart.

quote:

& during DM,as if I'm pulled from inside my left nose towards right,lol
All pleasant...nothing uncomfortable...just wish to know what may lead to these symptoms.

Love;
Delara

During deep meditation, where do you put your tongue? Do you place it or rest it more to your right side of the mouth or palate? The tip of the tongue completes a frontal etheric pathway which leads from the third eye downwards through the nasal cavities. If you place your tongue directly in the centre of the upper palate, you can feel a current and pressure occur from the brow, going downwards to and through the tongue. If, when you meditate, you are in the habit of touching your tongue somewhere nearer to the right side of your mouth than your left, that could explain the pulling feeling.

Also, once your third eye is open or starting to open, you will feel a magnetic hole or pressure directly between the brows. The third eye is said to be the junction where ida and pingala meet and connect to the sushumna. When those two nadis meet and collapse into the sushumna, a pressure is felt. You can feel that type of pressure by performing sambhavi (roll the eyes upwards and inwards) and by sucking inwards from the brow like you are pretending to fall asleep. The more you learn to relax your whole face, especially the brow, the easier it is to feel the sensations..

Also, if you put the tongue behind the upper teeth towards the front, it cause the pressure sensation to go right down the nose, through the nostrils.

If you put the tongue as far back as you can on the upper palate near the epiglotis, you will see that the pressure flow changes to be more internal, more towards the centre of lower your nasal cavity.

Hope this helps..
:)
TI

Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  03:42:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Tibetan_Ice;

sounds like a similar experience…I sometimes also hear it when I'm sitting quietly or before going to sleep.

Is there any chance that you share the article you are speaking about if you're still holding a copy of it.

I place the tongue on the palate during and outside meditation.The tongue seems to be touching the left side more than the right side…I'll double check during this evening DM :)…

I did try Kechari few times(doing second stage) n then quit.maybe that's related too!

thank you ur reply.It did indeed help calming my curious mind :)
Much Love;
Delara
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  6:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Delara

hello Tibetan_Ice;

sounds like a similar experience…I sometimes also hear it when I'm sitting quietly or before going to sleep.

Is there any chance that you share the article you are speaking about if you're still holding a copy of it.

I place the tongue on the palate during and outside meditation.The tongue seems to be touching the left side more than the right side…I'll double check during this evening DM :)…

I did try Kechari few times(doing second stage) n then quit.maybe that's related too!

thank you ur reply.It did indeed help calming my curious mind :)
Much Love;
Delara

Hi Delara,
I could not find the original article that I read a few years ago. But I had a look and I've found some similar literature on it:

Here is a link to the Etheric Heart..
http://www.rsarchive.org/RelArtic/G...c_heart.html

Here is a quote from this link:
http://www.naturalpedia.com/Etheric_body.html

quote:

"The etheric body is made of "streaming movements," said Steiner, that maintain the form and condition of all our internal organs; the heart, for example, is maintained by an "etheric heart," underlying the physical brain is an "etheric brain." The etheric body is understood to be materially insubstantial, an energetic copy of the physical form enfolding it like a thin robe of light: "a living, interpenetrating flow," said Steiner; "a supersensible entity active in all living beings," said German anthroposophic scientist Hermann Poppelbaum."

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  03:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you TI,you are a sweet heart
[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Delara
Go to Top of Page

wisya

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  03:39:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi. I'm having this at the moment but believe its something to do with the tubes that connect your ears to your throat. Try pinching your nose and gently blowing. This puts a little pressure in and locks them off as long as you don't swallow.

Love&Peace
Go to Top of Page

wisya

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  03:51:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.dizziness-and-balance.co...function.htm
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  05:43:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Valsalva maneuver!that's a good technique
that's very possible also.Taking into consideration my previous job as cabin crew might have left its effect on the eustachian tube...
thank you wisya
Love;
Delara
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000