Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 the doves nest
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  03:15:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
this morning i was having my breakfast and from the window of my kitchen i saw a couple of doves,the male was flying around bringing material to build the nest and the female dove was tirelessly arranging the nest...so beautiful to watch...it just attracts you to the here and now...i remembered Lord Jesus:
"look at the birds in the sky,for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feed them. Are you not much better than they?" (Matthew 6.26)

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  10:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We are in a strikingly similar symbolic world: There was a nesting pair of doves outside our window this spring. So gentle, and graceful, and peacefully cooperative, and blended with their ecosystem. I have also been meditating on a teaching parallel to the one you quoted. I was looking at the beautiful flowers and thinking, "Why worry about clothes? Notice how the wild lilies grow: they don't slave and they never spin. Yet let me tell you, even Solomon at the height of his glory was never decked out like one of them." (Matthew 6:28)

This past week, the doves suddenly were gone. The nest empty and disorderly. The eggs were probably eaten by the squirrel who hangs out on that tree. I wonder if the doves felt sad as they moved on to another place.

Edited by - bewell on May 31 2011 10:49:26 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000