Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Heart pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  06:32:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Recently I have been feeling pain in the heart during meditation, I believe it is a result of adding the the solar centering enhancement. The enhancement has been really good in COMPLETELY removing symptoms of excess that were developing in the head so I am reluctant to drop it.

Question? I am feeling a moderate pain in the chest that is sufficient to end meditation. Can I actually be harmed physically by this excess purification? Do you think I may be premature in adding the solar centering enhancement?

Thanks a bunch

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  08:35:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If possible, get a physical done to rule out any possible heart problems.

If there is nothing wrong with you physically, then it is heart openings. It can feel like pain or flutters or skipping a beat or a sinking feeling.
If it is strong enough that it is pulling you out of meditation, then yes self pace. And maybe back off solar centering for now too.

The other thing, that I am not sure if it is a good idea or not... is to add a couple of rounds of heart breathing. http://www.aypsite.org/220.html

It could work with opening up the block that is causing the pain. If however you feel the discomfort is getting worse, back off.
Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  8:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Shanti, thanks for the reply.

I will get my heart checked out but I am 99% sure its practice related. The pain only occurs during meditation and dies off half an hour or so after practice. The feeling starts like the feeling your get when you have just swallowed something way too big and it takes a while to go down and then increases to regular pain.

I also realised this morning that there is perhaps an additional source of purification happening in my heart area as I feel there is spaciousness behind my heart now and I have been letting go of things there during the day, so I will also cut back on that.

quote:
The other thing, that I am not sure if it is a good idea or not... is to add a couple of rounds of heart breathing. http://www.aypsite.org/220.html

I will try some heart breathing for a few days and see how things go.

Peace, Love
Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2011 :  07:46:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hearts fine by the ways doc says fit as an ox. Purify away :)
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  09:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good to know Jamuna.

Let us know if you try heart breathing and how it works for you. No worries if you don't want to add it yet.
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000