Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Problems attaining Lotus posture
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zantehood

Denmark
4 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  3:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hey guys..

i have been practicing kundalini meditation for almost a year now, and have made good progress, but my progress is stunted by the fact that i can only sit in meditation for about 30-40 minutes then my right foot goes numb and my leg starts to hurt, it feels like sitting in lotus could solve my duration problems, but am not flexible enough to do it yet...

i was wondering if somebody could suggest a book or maybe some online material that would help me gain the flexibility to do full lotus?

Sincerely

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  4:01:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Zantehood and welcome to the AYP forums!

A great DVD by Erich Schiffmann that I have used for getting into lotus is...

http://www.amazon.com/Lotus-Pose-Pr...p/0972683682

It includes lots of hip opening sequences that really helped my sciatica too...
Go to Top of Page

zantehood

Denmark
4 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  7:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you :)
Go to Top of Page

ANGARAK MISHRA

India
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  12:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lotus pose has a lock thats why you are not able to sit in this pose for long duration.First unlock this pose by reading the e-book of painless padmasana.Your thighs and hips will be unlocked to do this pose.It is knwon as ASAN_SHUDHI(pose-purification)

http://padmasanpainless.blogspot.in/
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  04:08:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
30 to 40 minutes is a long time for AYP meditation in any posture. Lotus pose is not recommended for AYP practice anyway but rather Siddhasana. I practiced lotus pose for many years quite comfortably but after several years of AYP practice I switched to Siddhasana and prefer it.
Go to Top of Page

ANGARAK MISHRA

India
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2013 :  12:28:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
flying yoga is always done in lotus posture. Gravity effects get nullified in painless lotus posture
Go to Top of Page

jyoteekat

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2013 :  08:31:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps this needs a new topic...
but has anyone tried this Author's method for padmasana or read his book?
Couldn't find a review of it online.
What did you think of it?
Cheers,
A.
Go to Top of Page

ANGARAK MISHRA

India
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2013 :  08:40:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear attaining painless lotus posture is not a rocket science it is simply asan_shudhi(posture purification) which makes it painless.you can do it for longer HRS.just read
http://www.amazon.com/painless-padm...p/B00DHUAB6S
Go to Top of Page

jyoteekat

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2013 :  12:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply but from your postings you advertise indirectly that you have a method important enough to write an e-book about.

Your last post implies that the method in your e-book is just waiting through the pain for longer and longer periods until the practitioner desensitizes themself and did not really answer the question...
Has anyone tried this Author's method for padmasana or read his book?
What did you think of it?

Has anyone used your method with success to obtain "painless padmasana?"

Cheers,
A.

Edited by - jyoteekat on Dec 22 2013 12:48:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

ANGARAK MISHRA

India
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2013 :  05:57:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL DEAR, PAIN RESOLVING IS DONE BY ACTIVATING LORD GANESH ELEMENT OF THE BODY,IT CAN BE DONE BY RECITING GAN,GANG AND MASSAGING THE SPINAL CHORD. IN THIS BOOK IT IS HIGHLIGHTED.MOREOVER ON THIS EARTH KNOWLEDGE IS ALREADY EXIST PLENTIFULLY,THERE IS SCARCITY OF KNOWLEDGE SEEKERS MAIL ME ON akm979@gmail.com to get your free book
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000