AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Witness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  1:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am reading Y's other book now, 'Dawn of the Witness' and again it is beyond words good. My only problem was I think my witness first appeared 26 years ago when I quit drinking. I didn't know what it was then but after a few weeks of being sober I began to see myself doing things as i was doing them. Sort of when you hear a teacher say: step back and observe yourself. Then it mostly went away. I don't really miss it since I didn't know what it was anyway. The only other times I felt it was the few times I came close to death or really getting hurt. But that's the same for everyone. Hell, maybe I quit drinking too late?????

Edited by - AYPforum on May 23 2011 1:30:52 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  1:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  6:37:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL--I've had that same paranoia--that I quit drugs and drinking too late, and that my nervous system is too fried. I had my first strong kundalini experience shortly after quitting drinking (about a year ago--28 years old). It was wonderfully intense with full-body ecstatic sensations. I haven't had that peak level of intensity since then, but there have been more subtle and reassuring allures to help me continue daily practice (like wonderful occurrences and relationships in "normal" life).

Don't worry, I think we're well on our way so long as we continue practice. Divinity can heal the most damaged of addicts if we keep giving ourselves a chance everyday.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000