Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 AYP Yoga Teacher Certification?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarolynDear

USA
6 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  10:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarolynDear's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I'm wondering if there's a way to obtain AYP Yoga Teacher Certification? I'm new to AYP but I love it and would want to teach AYP classes at my local yoga studios someday.... and they all require that teachers have certifications.

So, is there a way to do that?

Thanks!
Carolyn

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  10:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carolyn and welcome to the AYP forums!

At this point there is no official AYP Teacher Certification program... it is in the works, but it has not manifested quite yet. What you can do, is get a teacher certification in Hatha or something similar so that yoga studios will recognize you as a certified instructor, and then you can teach AYP practices in your classes.

Keep watching for the start of an official AYP Teacher Certification program as it will be happening, it's just a matter of time at this point. When the time is right it will manifest.

Again, welcome to the forums and let us know if you have any questions about what it looks like to teach AYP classes in a yoga studio.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

CarolynDear

USA
6 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  11:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarolynDear's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson!

Thanks for the tip-- Yogani replied to an email I sent suggesting just the same thing. I'm currently looking into various hatha certifications-- I'll definitely let you know as questions arise.

Yay,
Carolyn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000