Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Laugh during Sleep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  04:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone;

It's been a few times that I wake up in the very early morning with a loud laugh.I'm not speaking about any laugh,I mean a really loud laugh that not only wakes me up but wakes my family as well.

This thing never happened before started meditation.I don't laugh that way in life.

Before my family always doubted I'm weird,now they don't doubt anymore…they are sure I'm weird!I keep hearing that all the time

It doesn't really matter!I find it funny and laugh about it but I wonder if anyone among AYP members had similar experience.Is it a common thing?

Love;
Delara

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  8:25:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello delara

there is a saying.... laughter is the best medicene,,,,,in spiritual terms im sure you couldnt agree more that this saying is potent in seeing the funny side of reality, houmour is our most natural STATE OF BEING,

it is a good thing to laugh, who said a spiritual path was a serious one,,, such a lifes path is fraught with dangers but allways a smile, allways a laugh,,,, a quick dusting and off you go again

i know the laughter you speak of, its like a drunken laughter, the giggles, it is like the light within is intoxicating, it is healing, refreshing food for the soul from which you will never thirst or hunger,

and while others may think you weired,... remember this,,,, you are in a NATURAL state of being when you laugh, that BEING is our only true state, take others comments as a compliment
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  02:01:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't worry dear Delara, this form of laugh happens with me also... Most of the time during daily activity but rarely when waking up. It's a form of purification IMO and it can be controlled via awareness and gentle persuasion. But of course it's best not to control it so much because cz it's really fun at least according to my own experience.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  11:23:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by davidg

in spiritual terms im sure you couldnt agree more that this saying is potent in seeing the funny side of reality

U r rite David,I can't agree more.It feels like part of me laughs at it all ups n downs in life...happy moments n suffering without my interference.

quote]Originally posted by Ananda

Most of the time during daily activity but rarely when waking up.
[/quote]

it does indeed happen during the day also as a spontaneous laugh or smile.

Not worried,just felt like knowing if it happens with others.

Thank you both David n Ananda for ur comments.

Love;
Delara
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  1:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the club, Delara
It happens 2 me 2. As the meditation works on deeper and deeper layers of the mind, the subconscious automatically lets go of its old hangups, one by one. IMO., laughter is a strong indication of exactly that, and feels very liberating. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  6:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000