Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Staying on the mantra more powerfull than silence?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

boris

Norway
68 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  5:26:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit boris's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,my deep meditation is going very well.only one question.Before I enter small periods of silence I am on the mantra with kind of an one pointed concentration.then the mantra becomes more and more unclear and I enter small periods of silence.The thing is that silence doesent feel powerfull.when I stay on the mantra with kind of a one pointed concentration the energy pressure bulids up in the body and especially in the root chakra.But when in more silence nothing much seems to happen.Is it supposed to be like this?

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  09:08:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Boris,

The mantra has an energetic effect on the body, that it why it is chosen. The different mantras have different energetic effects (I, AM, SHREE, OM etc.). So yes, the mantra has a more powerful effect on the subtle nervous system than silence does, and it is supposed to work like this. The sensation at the root is the mantra activating the kundalini energy which is based very close to the root chakra.

In practice it does not matter as we are not making an active choice between silence and the mantra during meditation. If you realize you are off the mantra during meditation and into silence then you pick up the mantra again. When you are off into silence, and there is no knowledge that you are off the mantra, then you don't pick it up.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000