Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 "faint and fuzzy" thinking of sutras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sunrise

Germany
16 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  5:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit sunrise's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear friends,

as I am not a native English speaker and having major troubles with the "faint" and "fuzzy" approach to think sutras, I wonder if I understand it well. My dictionary is not a help.

As I experience it, faint is equal to weak, and fuzzy equal to a blurred, unclear, foggy way of thinking - at least it turns out to be like this when put into practice, and little or no good comes from it, as it nebulizes thought processes and makes the mind mushy.

Dear friends, can anyone give me a better idea of the real meaning of "faint" and "fuzzy"?
Thank you so much!
~ sunrise

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  9:07:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi sunrise

I would say that your definitions are perfect.

Let the mind become mushy, or whatever else happens. You are picking up the sutra and letting it go; a very mechanical process. You are not trying to control your state of mind.

Remember that in practice all purification is going on. Therefore it will effect your mind in different ways: Some sessions you will not be able to go very deep; you may be too awake, alert. Other times you may be falling asleep and completely forget what you were doing.

None of this is bad. Just keep practicing. And let go!

When repeating the sutras just mentally repeat them as easily as you can at that moment. Sometimes they may be clear and loud, other times quiet and unclear. Just keep going and it will take care of itself.

Edited by - woosa on May 17 2011 9:17:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunrise

Germany
16 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  05:09:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit sunrise's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Woosa,

thank you for your help! I was concerned doing it wrong, because "fuzzy" has all kind of meaning in my dictionary.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000