Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 After AYP ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  1:09:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I know that Yogani believes that it is necessary to continue meditation regardless.

Something has changed for me and it's so new that I'm having to get used to it. Like being reborn. I find the Mantra no longer appropriate it's too cutting, too powerful and aggressive.

It's difficult to accurately explain this change except to say that everything is now spelt with lower case letters instead of capitals. It feels like the meditation created an enormous blister out of several smaller blisters and pumped and pumped until it exploded.

It seems as though I am at peace. I have had moments of this before, this feels completely different. It has left me feeling very tired, as though I have been fighting a battle which I wasn't aware of and suddenly it ended.

I feel just completely normal, like everyone else, yet at one time I felt seperate.

Do I carry on meditation?

Others must have had this experience. It isn't bliss or Nirvana, just a feeling of being very ordinary and grounded. The thought of meditation with that Mantra is uncomfortable.

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  1:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

I know that Yogani believes that it is necessary to continue meditation regardless.

Something has changed for me and it's so new that I'm having to get used to it. Like being reborn. I find the Mantra no longer appropriate it's too cutting, too powerful and aggressive.

It's difficult to accurately explain this change except to say that everything is now spelt with lower case letters instead of capitals. It feels like the meditation created an enormous blister out of several smaller blisters and pumped and pumped until it exploded.

It seems as though I am at peace. I have had moments of this before, this feels completely different. It has left me feeling very tired, as though I have been fighting a battle which I wasn't aware of and suddenly it ended.

I feel just completely normal, like everyone else, yet at one time I felt seperate.

Others must have had this experience. It isn't bliss or Nirvana, just a feeling of being very ordinary and grounded. The thought of meditation with that Mantra is uncomfortable.

At a certain point, all struggle ceases. You relax, and wonder
who there ever was that needed to struggle, and what in the world
was there to struggle against?

There are others who say, that all the practices are what we do,
to stay out of the way, so that kundalini can do her work. That
response does sound pretty snotty, so I don't use that one. Most
of us don't realize that Kundalni never stops her work, even long
after all the obvious symptoms have faded away; then she is forgotten,
but she has barely begun at this point.

Did you ever take the beauty walk? Or was even that too agressive
a practice for you?

Although I won't advise you about AYP, I will concur that most
things are transitory experiences, and that what is important is
to keep your set schedule of practice.

Whether it is appropriate to change your practice, only your inner
guru is able to say such a thing.

Pop me an email via my profile if you wish.

Namaste,

Kevin Cann
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  1:45:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful experience Karl.
I would suggest keep up with your practices. The day you don't need formal practices, will be the day yo will continue practices without even realizing your are practicing.
I will write more later, but see if this helps: http://the-journey-inward.blogspot....ng-that.html
Have a lovely day.
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  2:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Beautiful experience Karl.
I would suggest keep up with your practices. The day you don't need formal practices, will be the day yo will continue practices without even realizing your are practicing.
I will write more later, but see if this helps: http://the-journey-inward.blogspot....ng-that.html
Have a lovely day.

Miss Shanti,

May I link to your blog from my blog?

This link you sent is most appropriate.

Namaste,

Kevin Cann
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  3:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl,
Are you able to meditate exactly the same but without a mantra? Just sit in silence with no thoughts coming up, or if they do, just watching them without being involved?
I'm just curious.
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  3:54:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
An excellent question Etherfish.

We must not become obsessed with the finger, if in our practice, by any method,
we are indeed the moon.

However, it is also true, that the isolated ego will do anything to get the
"heat" off it's back. One of it's favorite tricks is to conn the body into
thinking that it "no longer needs" practices; that one has "evolved" past them.

Eventually every moment in life is practice, but this does not happen overnight.
People like me for example, still have some hot air emitting from them, so I
keep doing regular practice, even though the mere act of taking a yogic breath
throughout my day is ecstasy.

I aspire to become as stable and useful as as Shanti, to give a good example.

Namaste,

Kevin Cann

Edited by - kevincann on May 08 2011 4:07:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  4:19:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kevin wrote:

"One of it's favorite tricks is to conn the body into
thinking that it "no longer needs" practices; that one has "evolved" past them"

Very good point, Kevin, and I would never recommend anyone stop practicing or quit the mantra. I was just curious if Karl could be silent without the mantra. I can, but I'm still better off with the mantra and regular practice.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  5:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
karl,

i agree with shanti. continue your practice in some form, even if it is just in small ways. this is a phase so just go with it. if youre too tired to do your full practice cut it back so that it feels in tune with your needs

xxx
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  7:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kevincann

May I link to your blog from my blog?

Yes.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  2:04:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all your replies.

I think this was a big step so I'm just going to self pace and take it slowly until things level out.

Shanti- your blog contains a lot that fits how things are.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  08:37:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks for all your replies.

I think this was a big step so I'm just going to self pace and take it slowly until things level out.

Shanti- your blog contains a lot that fits how things are.

Good to know Karl.
There comes a day when we don't question if we need to practice or not... that is the day we could give up on practices, but that is the day we don't... it becomes a part of the one.

Sometimes stillness will give you more powerful answers than words will. I will save the words for later if needed... I think you have the answers you need right now.
Go to Top of Page

psychicexplorer

USA
35 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  10:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit psychicexplorer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I had a period where I found the mantra to be somewhat aggressive and somewhat disturbing. I continued meditating and it subsided a bit. Shortly after I added the next mantra enhancement and experienced no more problem.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000