Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Shakti imbalance in Meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  2:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

For the past a couple of weeks I've been in a weird state of meditation.

The primary issue: meditation got to be so energy stirring that I could not sit for more than 7mins without getting a bit overloaded.

In details: an ecstatic wavy energy started to work in my head center behind third eye. If meditated longer, this energy got to be firey and the skins near both corners of my mouth got kind of burnt, and turned white and powdery. the tongue is always on fire when meditate longer. Sometimes there might be slight headache.

Possible cause: a. I sort of discovered to meditate with the mantra in its pre-thought state, before it takes shape as sound image. b.the huge energy I carried over from the Kripalu retreat.(but this is a month away from it now)

Treatment: 1. combining awareness meditation with mantra meditation. that is, I don't use mantra as often I did. I just repeat mantra every once a while and watch the process. 2. a lot of grounding activities. Despite what I did, I still can't do more than 7 mins of meditation. (I'm mostly very steady and happy in daily life though)

Comments and advices are very much needed. Namaste!

Phil

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  5:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Phil

What does your routine look like? Have you read the lessons on over-sensitive meditators and solar centering? There are some good measures in both of those lessons.

quote:
Originally posted by Philaboston

I sort of discovered to meditate with the mantra in its pre-thought state, before it takes shape as sound image.

To me, the mantra feels more powerful the more subtle it gets. This may help explain why some long-term (AYP) meditators become more sensitive over time. If 7 minutes DM is all you can manage right now, maybe try staying with that for a while (or even cut down to 5 minutes).

Recently, I've cut my practice way down and went back to the original "I Am" mantra. Even with that, I feel borderline. Sometimes I just sit in silence rather than meditate. So you're not alone, brotha

Hope you find a solution soon!

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  6:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you ever thought about going back to the basic unenhanced mantra? If memory serves, I remember that you reported having intense energetic sensations from using it. Just an idea.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  10:48:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cosmic, Thanks a lot for the support and suggestions; they made me feel much better! Actually today the blissful feeling of balanced practice came back and I meditated up to 9mins in the evening session without feeling overloaded. I guess I need to accept it and as you said "staying with that for a while."

hi clear white light, do you mean 1st enhancement? I tried but it overloaded me, so I backed up immediately. thanks for the input though.
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  02:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Many mantra from other traditions are designed to energize one to three chakras,
by effectively trapping "intention" on a certain level.

I think you may have been using your intention to "sound" the mantra, rather
than just use it simply. If you put enough intention into anything, you produce
large effects.

At least in the beginning, AYP deep meditation is not like other forms
of mediation. It is not chakra specific, it is not intended to directly
energize. I would recommend using one-pointed thought, as will naturally
develop, but to stay away from the fancy intention for the time being.

That is my recommendation. AYP is a balanced system, which is a safety
blanket. Modifications can cause unwanted side effects. *smile*

Namaste,

Kevin Cann
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000