Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 I and We
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  12:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I (LOL) would love to hear a few words from Yogani, Carson, Shanti or a similar luminary on this topic.

Most Yogas, at least at the first, focus upon the body. Breath techniques, mudras, bandhas, etc. A "purist" might say, "you are lost in illusion, you are none of those things". They are right.
Yet, without the practice, the "focus upon maya", the door remains closed, to undifferentiated awareness.

Does illusion/maya/the body deserve such a bad rap?

Some people obsess about the body, and lose their way.

Some people obsess about talking about the One undifferentiated consciousness, and lose their way.

Surely the middle path is the appropriate one? To do what must be done, without obsessing upon either ultimate reality, or duality?

Is not the body a beautiful tool, a gift, that the One uses to bring us all home? One does not worship a tool. One does not cry all night if the tool is destroyed. But while it lasts, should it not be taken care of with respect?

If we take this obsesson about the One far enough, then none of us should even be capable of saying "I". We'd all go around saying nothing, becuase we are the One. Or at the least, we'd refer to our 'shadows' by their first name. Kevin thinks this, kevin things that, but is deluded.

I see obsessing about either form or formlessness to be an ego game.

I would love to have quoted to me, "chapter and verse", the exact lessons, by number and sequence, that would lead one to a healthy state of mind regarding this.

Some might say, that DM, SBP, etc, and the awakening of the inner guru are all one needs.. no practice in discrimination or observances of restraint.. that all this will flow automatically if one does the few simple steps. Is this correct? is this correct in all possible cases for all possible people?

I wish to learn.

Thanks Kindly,

Kevin

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  11:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kevincann
I would love to have quoted to me, "chapter and verse", the exact lessons, by number and sequence, that would lead one to a healthy state of mind regarding this.

I wish to learn.

it's friday the 13th and lucky synchronicities abound!

http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

your intellect is great, now is a good time to practice AYAM

ps.. practical enlightenment's commenter is broken
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  11:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ROFLOL
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  12:01:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Well now

The commenter has been turned off since I started the blog. Thanks for testing it. Hadn't gotten around to it.

I only use "great intellect" to design computer systems for my employer. When I say, "I love you" to the broken computer networks, they do not respond and fix themselves.

Fortunately when I say, "I love you" to people, sometimes they receive the message, about how simple everything is, and how much i wish for their happiness and success. Sometimes people don't respond. I can't help that; it's beyond my control. I can just offer love and my support, without any expectations.

I love you,

Kevin Cann
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  01:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by delta33

quote:
Originally posted by kevincann

I wish to learn.

it's friday the 13th and lucky synchronicities abound!

http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

your intellect is great, now is a good time to practice AYAM

ps.. practical enlightenment's commenter is broken

LOL!

PS: Even Jason can practice AYAM.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  09:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kevin,
I will try and reply to this on Monday or Tuesday. All that you ask is in the AYP lessons, I just have to have some time to find them.
It would make my life easier if you could sum up your first post into one or a few questions.
Also, Carson is leading a retreat this weekend. Maybe when he has a it more time he will chime in too.
Thanks for your question/s.
Will try my best to give you a reply that can cover all you ask.
Have a great weekend.
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  10:53:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Hi Kevin,
I will try and reply to this on Monday or Tuesday. All that you ask is in the AYP lessons, I just have to have some time to find them.
It would make my life easier if you could sum up your first post into one or a few questions.
Also, Carson is leading a retreat this weekend. Maybe when he has a it more time he will chime in too.
Thanks for your question/s.
Will try my best to give you a reply that can cover all you ask.
Have a great weekend.

Shanti,

No it's alright.

My inner guru wished to demonstrate something to me about love. That was the reason for the post. I have received the answer and the guidance; I am grateful for the experience.

Love,

Kevin Cann
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000