Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Lesson 384
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  10:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
http://www.aypsite.org/384.html

Is my favorite lesson of all:

"While a baseline system of practice may be useful to many, we should always be careful about the "stature" we assign to it, or to the one who has devised it. The perception of stature tends to undermine independent exploration and innovation. At its worst, undue stature leads to a belief-culture of "haves" and "have-nots," also known as "sectarianism," which is a great obstacle to progress. That is why I hope the concepts of "horizontal transmission" and "peer-to-peer" sharing of knowledge will always be associated with AYP."

When I saw this, I knew this was a wise system, and not just another
cult of personality. However as I have discovered, the devil
is in the details. LOL.

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  04:43:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Even though I had read this in the past, thanks for highlighting and "hear hear" to what you said about this is what makes AYP a wise system and not a cult and again yes the devil is in the details
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000