Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 YMK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  4:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been doing yoni mudra kumbhaka for about a week. It's called "the grand-daddy of all kundalini stimulators" in the lessons, but not much happening here so far. Just a dark, quiet time, with my head all inflated like a balloon. Bring on the stim YMK! Hopefully its silently working anyway.

A couple things that I've run into that weren't in the lesson...

I can't quite figure out how to block my mouth with the tongue, so I'm just holding the air in with my lips, which is kind of distracting, but no big deal.

And, I'm opening the Eustachian tubes so the air goes all the way out to my ears. This seems like the thing to do, but I don't recall if it was in the lesson.

JHappy Friday.

Asvinas

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  10:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Head all inflated like a balloon? That to me sounds like a very important pre-stage before dropping off into deep meditation. Your Yoni Mudra is getting to where it is meant to go to, you just need the energies of the lower chakras to help expand YMK further.

Work on feeling love flow form your heart, then move up to the throat. From there, practise alot of Ujjayi, so-ham/yam mantras till you feel no sense of boundary (or total expansiveness) around your body. Then try doing YMK, I'm sure the balloon head feeling will go further, beyond the realms that you can perceive.

Then the Kundalini will rise up in response. The Dark Quiet time you just mentioned here will light up to reveal itself to be the source of all vibrations and energy within! Even if it feels dark and empty, the kundalini will be the beacon of light and guide the way for you.
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  10:41:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Asvinas, still not much happening. Kundalini has been low in general for the last month or so.

I didn't like pressing my eyeballs, so last night I did all the parts of YMK, but I used sambhavi instead of pressing the eyeballs physically. Is it giving up any efficacy to be doing it this way?
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  11:01:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JDH,
Try adding on Navi Kriya to your YMK. It really gets the energy flowing !
Krish
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  07:46:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I dropped that one after months of trying it and not really seeing any point to it / no effect.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  08:59:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDH
It's called "the grand-daddy of all kundalini stimulators"

YMK is the granddaddy.

I did YMK with Jalandhara and Uddiyana bandhas automatically without using my fingers to close anything. I would just remain in Siddhasana with Gyana Mudra. The breathing retained itself, eyes would go up and I would not hear anything.

Its the closest feeling of dying. But actually, we are being born.

Or rather, its like giving birth.

Relax.

Let the body itself gently...

Push !!

Push !!!

Push !!!!!

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  11:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SeySorciere,
See Yogani's lesson on "Navi Kriya". However, I suppose each person is different.

Krish
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000