Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spiraling current during SBP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  03:22:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I started adding 5 minutes of SBP two days back, but for some reason, I always feel the currents spiraling upwards and downwards while moving the attention. Is it a healthy way of energy movement or should I discontinue..? This is not the first time I am feeling energy in spinal region this way.. almost all the time it moves up or down in a spiral fashion..(like ascending through the arcs of ida and pingala)

Somebody please enlighten me..

P.S : I have not felt any irritations/discomfort because of it directly I guess..

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  5:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The energy is always there and more a question of your being aware of it. If you move your awareness up or down, the energy feeling follows the awareness. Similarly, things like spiral movement are a product of your awareness (or energy channels "opening"). All "aware movement" is helpful, because feeling the energy also means you have quieted the mind. Try playing with it and see if you can move it all over your body. If you feel discomfort from too much energy, give it a rest, but otherwise have fun.

Peace & Love.

Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  10:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Jeff for your feedback! I just wanted to clear up that it's a normal thing and others have also felt the same way.

Edited by - chit-ananda51 on Apr 26 2011 10:56:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  4:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chitananda,

yes, I've been experiencing spiral movements and currents along my spine many times and I never thought about this to be something undesirable. Often it causes my actual spine to move in spiral motion, so it's like belly dancing pranayama then. Very nice.

Take care

Edited by - mimirom on Apr 30 2011 4:17:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  11:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly mimirom,

After posting this subject here, I happened to read some articles by Mantak Chia where he advises to open the MO for a good flow of the awakened K.. you know what otherwise can be!

There while stopping at tan-tien, and other important points in the body, he asks to draw energy from the 'spiralling' universe , shown with pictures in the form of spirals(galaxies, solar system, snail shell).. A progressive arc of evolution, I guess So I came to the conclusion that it is good..
Go to Top of Page

thezuck

USA
24 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  03:41:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit thezuck's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey there guys...
well Im a newbie to the spinal breathing as well (maybe a month) and I experience the spirals as well. The experience of the energy flows and my awareness of them continutally shift from the first breath to the last I AM. Always a great exploration!!!
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  01:07:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thats great Zuck.. Keep up the good work. Slow and steady :)
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  7:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Spiraling and alternating from one side to the other while going up and down the spinal nerve is an indication that the energy is moving in one or the other or any side channel.

The aim of SBP is to bring the energies into the central channel and move it up and down within it. So what to do? Whenever you notice, you bring your attention back into the spinal cord as good as possible.

The energies may still move around dancingly ;) , but the important factor is to bring your attention back into sushumna again and again and again. That is the practice and that is what will bring about all the good results.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  9:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Holy, try to move your awareness straight up and down the spine, not spiraling. OK if you can't control it, but try for straight and center. The reason is if your kundalini awakens and comes up in a spiral it is not as good and can cause unwanted side effects because it is not in the center channel.
Plenty of meditation too helps to clear impurities in the center channel (sushumna) and make it better for the kundalini.
So, just as Holy says above, gently bring your attention back to the center and straight.
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  10:25:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One lives within Sushumna, once ida & pingala nadis/conjoined opposites are perfectly balanced...

24/7 Bliss & ecstacy then arises naturally..

Edited by - Akasha on May 05 2011 10:35:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  01:17:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy,Etherfish,Akasha... Knowingly or unknowingly... you people grasped(or already aware of) the finest mystery of balancing ida and pingala currents by blending them into sushumna(the stairway to heaven).

Yes what you poeple said is true.. I will rephrase the same thing saying that the aim is : if one is able to feel the currents(or pressure or hot/cold sensations in a spiral way) in the spine, it should be slowly favored or blended or dissolved into the sushumna or central channel. That is perfectly right! Wish the newbies who experience such sensations learn from this!!!

Love and bliss to my fellow souls!
Thank for resurrecting this thread!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000