Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 purification of nerves, food habits, mucus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

njethwa

USA
24 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  4:24:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste, Yogani and all experienced Yogis and Yoginis

Thank you for your patience and allow me to phrase my question.

Before beginning SBP, I could not over indulge in certain type of foods like bananas, curd (yogurt) and sweets. I tend to develop mucus and then catch cold.

After starting SBP, my resistance has increased and I can freely eat the above foods. Now I can eat yogurt+rice, buttermilk couple of days in row and know that my next SBP session will clear the system.

So I feel that SBP is clearing the physical nerves as well as the subtle nervous system. But on the other hand should I stop eating these kind of mucus producing foods all together?

The question I have is, once we begin the purification process, are my eating habits negating the efforts and the purification that is occuring?

On one hand clearing the nervous system is giving me the opportunity to eat the above but if the nervous system gets clogged up again then it is not worth eating them at all.

I may not have the right understanding but can you clarify the below

**Physical nervous system is affected by our external habits such as eating,drinking and living conditions

**Subtle nervous system (chakra and energy related) is affected by our previous and current life karma, emotions and state of mind etc

So for example if we fall sick or catch cold, is our purification reset to zero?

Thank you

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  7:13:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi njethwa,

my bodily system reacts very very similiar to yours. Foods like milk, yogurt, bananas, noodles, meat, sugar etc. create mucus, itchiness and whatever in the throat and nose areas.

Practice, especially pranayama and being in pure bliss consiousness makes the bodily system healthy and strong again.

Two observations for you:

When going on eating such stuff, the practice still goes on deepening but slower and with more temporary bad/ill physical feelings/reactions.

When avoiding those foods, the practice deepens much faster and smoother and the purification process goes on to more refined levels and is not brought back again and again to grossly cleaning.

Ok, now what to do about it =P When this body here does lots of sports, gets a lot of sunlight and practices pranayam and meditation, then whatever kind of food it gets, all remains fine, healthy and progress is smooth.

When done all these + the food is optimized, then it behaves like the first two observations: even faster and smoother deepening into timeless silent bliss and nondual action and more refined cleaning + openings.

But time comes when you start spacing off and then more heavy food can be helping and stabilizing.

Finding the balance is the best but also the hard part of this whole project. Sometimes it is perfectly balanced and then there are times where totally unbalanced repetitions of uncorrect eating/not eating etc. happens.

It is not really in your hands, but what you can do is to always come back to the optimum approach, again and again whatever that may be for smooth balanced healthy deepening.

Concentration - meditation - samadhi applies here on all levels. Again and again coming back to one thing, coming back to the spine, to the mantra, to the spiritual practice itself and also to all the aspects. Till all movements in all levels unite in that perfect motionlessness from grossest to finest.

Wishing all of us a happy, smooth and continuous movement into no-movement =)

Edited by - Holy on May 05 2011 7:36:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

njethwa

USA
24 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  1:30:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy,
Thank you for your wonderful insight and explanation.

I am atleast not over indulging in any of these foods now but it helps to know that we are not resetting our purification to zero if we have them once in a while :)

Thank you very much
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000