Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Issues w Khechari Mudra...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Asvinas

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2011 :  10:14:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just to let you know, I really wanted to say hello to you all and get to know you guys well. This seemed like a decent place to crash in if there are any issues or questions with meditation/yoga practises...

First off, I had been playing with Khechari Mudra (KM for short) in stage 3 for quite some time lately and had already been getting used to it. The tongue doesn't tire out as much as it used to at first when I was exploring beyond the septum. Definite plus there. Also, the tongue can easily reach the holes above the septum, just off either side of the nasal cavity but it doesn't seem to be able to enter it like it did when I got into stage 2. More like it opens it up wider.

Last night, I was doing KM during meditation and found the tongue could go further and further into the nasal openings, until I found the energy pressure at the back of my head becoming a bit too much to handle. (Effect of opening up Visharga?) Mind you, it was a very nice feeling almost like dropping off into the void of God. And yes, that was a bizarre experience in a wonderfully enlightening sort of way.
(Btw, Descartes is totally right there... I think, therefore I am)

Stumbled on it by accident when I was high on Ujjayi and total awareness in the Vishuddha Chakra one night. The main thing that happened before was that the Ego/Pain-body dissolved into the space surrounding within and outside. Tried to do it again, couldn't seem to relax Anahata/Vishuddha enough to annihilate the Ego, despite being able to do so before. If the first time was easier, why isn't it now?

Anyway, after the KM experience last night, I was helping out with dinner, and found my legs dancing all night, my neck literally moving and shaking my head side to side continuously, though it felt good in a weird way. My head was on a dizzy high most of the night and it seemed the only way to relieve it was to dance around like crazy to burn off the excess energy.

Fast forward to today, had slept in overdrive, woke up feeling half asleep (not a good sign), eyes tired, my head was in slo-mo all day, and had to take the extra nap in the arvo. Almost like you've had major jetlag... And the non stop feeling of some vibratingly sweet wet liquid-snot dripping down to the palate most of the time when I was napping?

Any answers that would clear up the matter here would be greatly appreciated - also, do you know of any good yoga/meditation techniques that would be effective to balance out these sorts of KM effects?

May Aum be with you!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000