Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 stillness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - May 02 2011 :  12:37:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Please forgive me if ive put this thread in the wrong place

i had COMPLETLY and UTERLY relaxed the phisicle body to such a point i could see and feel the slightest movement, then with each impulse or need to move i asked myself do i want to do this and let it go.

its hard to explain in simple terms the feeling i get, but I just look at it as... saving energy

just scan the entire body for movement leaving only the heart and lungs to move, start by taking the normal practice of meditating, quiet the mind, still the thoughts, relax the body, feel comfortable and undistracted, take some deep breaths and on the very slow out breath ... take that relaxation to a deeper level, i keep doing this till im perfectly still, the body feels like its going numb, the mind looses cohesion with the form of the body, its hard to define which way you placed your hands, even opening your eyes to see if there, there, they seem like some ones hands and not yours, this feeling moves throughout the entire body, it starts with the hands and feet moving up the arms and legs through the torso to the heart, now words here begin to loose there power to describe this but its like im there meditating and yet im not,

im seeing something sitting

from here it travels to the head, to the third eye, where, you will see thee most minutest of movement in the eyes trying there hardest to focus with closed eyes, this too is stilled to perfection,
like the I AM mantra. keep going back to it and focus the movement to one very sharp focus..

what happens after that… well. you get what i can only describe as a panoramic view,,, you are seeing in all directions at the same time

I am seeing myself see, an eye within an eye

And the focus within a formless motion.

Even then this motion is slightly disorientating as theres no back or front, no left to right, up or down. I have thus far not been able to still that motion,

what im experiencing is quite amazing and my curiosity is peeked enough to ask others here what it is im learning, or doing, and is it a fruitful endeavour or should I stop it.

Thank you

David

Edited by - AYPforum on May 02 2011 12:43:41 PM

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  07:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear David,

I do not know what this state is called exactly but it is the point where your energy body has detached from your physical body and you are 'seeing' with the energy body (basically from your point of awareness), which can see 360 degrees. It is easy, from this state, to exit the physical body and astral travel. Is it useful? I don't know, but it is fun ! And fascinating.

The questions I wanted to ask (and I hope you don't mind my asking from your thread) are: Is it in anyway harmful to go into this state often? Does anyone know if there is some part of the brain that developes differently (from a person not practising) because of this?

Seysorciere
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  3:18:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We are here to learn, by sticking ourselves in the mud, until it becomes radiant, and reveals itself not to be mud after all.

Any practice which furthers this fundamental purification is wonderful.
Any practice which leads away from this fundamental ability is non-productive.

Only you can verify whether your practice is productive or non-productive.

-Kevin Cann
Go to Top of Page

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  3:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Seysorciere.

i feel that as long as there is a healthy curiosity it is good, but then as the saying goes, curiosity killed the cat, so in that respect moderation is needed.

As i descrided above the sequence of events as they happen, its like im going through... hmmmm. Layers of mind and body, similar to an onion, as you peal away each layer you get to the center... lol only to find nothing. I may laugh but in all honesty it is in that nothing that something is formed, a knowing? and understanding? maybe an awarness? perhaps a dream or play of the mind?

they feel very strongly like stepping stones into an unknown part of the human makeup, could it be that simple but to step onto a stepping stone and advance further towards a loving peaceful and tranquil light within?

layers of maya becoming a tool for inner guidance

David
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000