Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 what's with this spot on my spine!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  5:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everybody :)
when i started meditation,I dreamt of someone was pressing hard on my spine just like 10 cm below my neck and the pain was so great that i fainted in dream.when i woke up the pain was still there n kept me paralyzed for few minutes in bed.I could move later on,but the pain on that spot stayed there for few months.

lately,I dreamt i was shot and the bullet entered that same spot on my spine.I could feel the heat in that area and I passed away .I was looking at my body on the floor and was about to leave then decided to stay around for few more days(not in the body but as spirit)!
when i woke up,i still felt the pain in the same spot.however it disappeared within few minutes.
So what's with this spot on my spine!why i see dreams related to it.

Love;
Delara

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  5:57:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is probably something physically wrong with that spot and your body is trying to tell you. Often when there is a physical ailment we will dream about it in other ways. I would get it checked out by a doctor.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 02 2011 :  05:20:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
if I have any physical problem on my spine u think I can twist n turn my spine in all directions as I can do.I have very flexible spine I can turn my back backward like "inverted U" with so much ease n no discomfort same applies for bending forward n touching my forehead on my knees without bending them.Won't harm to check anyway!thanx for ur feedback Etherfish.
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - May 02 2011 :  4:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It'll be interesting to see if the doc can find something on those vertebraes; sometimes, we simply become more flexible in other parts of the spine, so we don't notice in everyday life that there's an issue.
If they find it 100% fit physically, then figure out if the spot is close to Anahata chakra; if yes, enhance anahata practices.

A childhood trauma or a flashback from a previous life will likely get loosened up by regular meditation, breathing, yoga, and a healthy life. The physical memory will remain, but its frightening emotional charge will be defused step by step thru practice.
Dreams are metaphors - sometimes very far-fetched, sometimes very close.

Either way, go for a meditation posture comfortable for the upper spine; in zazen, a straight spine is considered a necessary prerequisite.

Edited by - HathaTeacher on May 02 2011 4:26:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  12:43:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I checked with the doctor!everything is alrite with my spine.he prescribed some medicine(a muscle relaxant).I don't feel i really need it!so I won't take it.

@ HathaTeacher I googled Anahata chakra n,it seems to be related to the heart. During this morning meditation that spot on my spine was pulsating(felt like it's opening n closing) by the time I finished DM,my heart was beating fast!

thank you for ur advices,I'll be more alert about my posture during meditation.
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  4:34:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Right, both anatomical and emotional heart. It associates to hands/arms/embraces, the skin and the sense of touch.
An energy crossroad, close to both the "lower" and the "higher" chakras.

I'm not in medicine, but a useful herb extract for sore muscles is Arnica Montana.

Self pacing is important. Most knots in that region get untied as emotions gradually harmonize with your path toward awakening (given you don't push it/rush it).

Breathing and DM are just fine. In this thread (starting from cobra/Bhujangasana), we discussed some details of asana practice for Anahata: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=7958#69964

It's also good to check your spine posture when beginning and ending the meditation session, and to watch out for unconscious habits.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  08:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did Hatha yoga for four months or so before quitting and adding the set of asanas before DM and SP.I was blessed by a beautiful instructor that corrected each and every pose for me.So I'm grateful I've been doing cobra pose correctly,thanx to him !

thank you HathaTeacher for ur reply n the link you provided.great info! I enjoyed reading them.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  5:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am glad you got it checked by a doctor. I hope he is good; pain can transfer to a different spot than what is causing it. But i hope it is just a spiritual thing.

And yes; arnica rocks for sore muscles! i like the kind that comes as a cream or paste you rub on the sore muscle.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  05:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
He's good enough with doctors,I don't enjoy being their lab rat!
Namaste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000