Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Which is the stage 'Staying in front of Orgasm'?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  08:18:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually all humans will learn to be silent, just not intentionally, and not all in this lifetime.
I learned to be silent before meditation also, by just trying to stop thoughts for years. It is much, much more difficult than doing it through meditation!
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  08:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rajeev Sethi
NOT ALL are able to awaken the GURU IN US.

"Itni shiddat se maine tumhe paane ki koshish ki hai... ki har zarre ne mujhe tumse milane ki koshish ki hai... kehte hai agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaaho toh poori kaynath tumhein uss se milane ki koshish mein lag jaati hai."
~ Om Shanti Om

I desired you so much that every atom/cell of my body cried out for you. It is said that if you really love someone with all your heart... have a strong desire/will to achieve something, then the whole Universe begins to help you in obtaining it.

No call goes unanswered. Just wait.

Go to Top of Page

Rajeev Sethi

India
50 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  08:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Actually all humans will learn to be silent, just not intentionally, and not all in this lifetime.
I learned to be silent before meditation also, by just trying to stop thoughts for years. It is much, much more difficult than doing it through meditation!

Must one STOP thoughts to be become SILENT?

Is SILENCE a stage of NO THOUGHTS?
or
Is SILENCE a stage of CONTROLLED THOUGHTS?
or
Is SILENCE a stage of QUIETING THOUGHTS?
or

Edited by - Rajeev Sethi on May 06 2011 12:17:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  3:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rajeev:

Must one STOP thoughts to be become SILENT?

No. Silence emerges within thoughts from daily practice of deep meditation. Silence will be there with or without thoughts. Abiding inner silence (the witness) is independent of all mental activity, or the absence of it.

Is SILENCE a stage of NO THOUGHTS?

It can be, but is not dependent on no thoughts. It is a natural condition cultivated in deep meditation. It has been called a 4th state of consciousness (turiya), independent of waking, dreaming and deep sleep states of consciousness.

Is SILENCE a stage of CONTROLLED THOUGHTS?

No.

Is SILENCE a stage of QUIETING THOUGHTS?

It can be in deep meditation and then later in daily activity, but not always, as per the above.

These things are best understood through direct experience. Practice daily deep meditation and you will find out.

The intellect cannot substitute for meditation. The only useful purpose the intellect serves in this is getting us to our meditation seat twice each day.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Rajeev Sethi

India
50 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  10:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
THANK YOU VERY MUCH respected Yoganiji. It is indeed very kind of you to personally explain the different aspects of SILENCE.

I ADMIRE YOU FOR BEING ANONYMOUS AND PUTTING SPIRITUALITY BEFORE GURUDOM. A RARITY.

Your words, "These things are best understood through direct experience.' are a great inspiration for experiencing spirituality for late beginners like me.

My Pranam to your kindself.

Hope I am able to awaken the Guru in MYSELF.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  10:46:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani,
I couldn't have answered those.
and let me clarify what I said about finding silence before I did meditation:
It wasn't the same thing that meditation brings. By stopping thoughts with intention alone, it took hundreds of hours of practice to develop the ability, and it was sort of an "unbalanced plateau" state, which was very in-the-moment, but not progressing along the path that meditation brings.

Meditation AYP style (I've tried others) gives all the benefits of stopping thoughts without either the plateau or the unbalanced feeling. And it is SO much easier and less time consuming.

Edited by - Etherfish on May 06 2011 10:58:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  4:18:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm pretty much past the point of using sexual energy for development: 57 with heart problems. But I have wondered when I was younger about damage that might be done to one's (maybe just a man's) sexual organs by creating un-natural conditions and strains on the 'equipment'. Can there be a danger point? Also, how long does one continue in this practice until it is no longer useful in and you move on to other things? Also this may be considered a bit morally objectional for Christians; particularly Catholics. I know I was raised with the 'you'll go blind' silly stuff. Not that anyone listened, but there was still plenty of room for post-guilt.
Thanks guys.
Larry
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  11:17:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Larry,
In my mind post-guilt, bans, rules, doomsdays, hells etc make a red warning sign.
Tantric techniques are a little more yoga than sex, a workaround to cheat and tame the wild mustang before it makes the rider blind. Hence more practice than rules or absolutes: Balance exercises (body or mind) can't be mastered without years of patient practice - sexual balance neither.

It's a path of dropping off, loosening the constraints, detaching from one's hang-ups and axioms. Our vehicle is a set of practices. Ideally (this is not meant as a rule!! ), a Christian mind can inspire loveful confidence, relying on the path much the way we rely on Mother Earth in an inverted asana, whereas a positivistic/scientific/ateist mind can inspire a healthy skepticism and self-irony, and witnessing state of mind, perceiving and learning the as-is, without the as-should-be glasses, because the body and the manifest world just go on no matter our strong opinion, so we better learn the right techniques to live with it. But, with either of these two, religious fervor about the contents in one's mind is an obstacle.
Finally, we'll acquire both qualities; practices are a more efficient, enjoyable, and sustainable way than systems based on bans and musts.

A lot of thinking today combines it upside down instead: a growing fundamentalism + non-confidence. It's a club bigger than just the Oakland preacher in this thread http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=9766#9766
or parts of the Mayan Calendar community (more accurately, 1 interpretation of 1 of the Mayan Caledars) ending, and Ending the World, anytime soon.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000