Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 meditation and breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gnostica

Philippines
3 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  02:05:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hello all! First of all, I'd like to thank Yogani for the wonderful presentation of Yoga. :) I've been practicing Deep Meditation consistently for 4 months, and I can say testify to its effectiveness. I come from the Western (Hermetic) path, and I had had problems with astral images required in our practices until out of desperation I found Yogani and gradually improved in that area! :)

But I'm having a little difficulty with Deep Meditation. I re-read the book and he said "we never synchronize the breath with the mantra" or something like that. But whenever I close my eyes and begin the mantra I "subconsciously" synchronize it with breath! In fact, whenever I close my eyes, I always become conscious of my breathing that it becomes somewhat a voluntary function!

Any advise on how to fully focus on the mantra? I really want to do it! :(

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  12:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gnostica,

It is natural to find that your breathing will synchronise with the mantra at first. Nothing to worry about. But gradually, let your mind focus on the mantra and you will find that you let go of the breath, and of the linking of the two. It happens quite naturally, so you don't need to focus on it. The breath will slow down, and that is the point at which it is easy to let go of the link between the mantra and the breath.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Yaming

Switzerland
112 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  3:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi gnostica,
I had the same problem. As long as you favour the mantra it will disapear, eventually. The only problem you have is, that you get caught up on the linking of the breath with the mantra. If you just go with it, without reinforcing it and just repeat the mantra if it is with the breath or not, it goes away. At least that's what has happened to me. Sometimes I still see that I am linked to the breath but most of the time I don't know if I am or not because my focus is opn the mantra. Just keep practicing ^^
Yaming
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000