Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 I have a problem exiting meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lukelucky

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  10:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
as in I have once opened my "state" and I now cant close it , I keep hearing this noise in m cranium and sometimes it feels like words echo and randomly I get some "advice" , I also get sparkle hallucinations and (not anymore now) vibrations
how would I exit "nirvana" if that was it

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  01:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you tried using an alarm so you are only sitting for a set time?
Go to Top of Page

Still

Ireland
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  02:16:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Try not to let symptoms along the path distract you. Sometimes on the spiritual path we can get symptoms of purification like you describe. Keep with the AYP practise routine, don't overdo, lots of grounding.... trust, let go, let love...

Love & Light,

Still

Edited by - Still on Apr 14 2011 02:53:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  03:09:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what is your practice routine?.....maybe u need to do less....
have u tried asanas for grounding?
Go to Top of Page

WoodDragon

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  08:16:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit WoodDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This statement caught my attention right away:

"sometimes it feels like words echo and randomly I get some "advice""

Perhaps this is your Higher Self giving you advice now that you have come into contact? We are all One and when we can remove the inner partitions which we have placed on ourselves (or have allowed to be placed upon us) we find the totality of who we are to be deeply desiring more open communication as a whole.

I also do agree with the others who have posted here and I do suggest backing off the time of your practices for a short time to see if this helps to make the transition you are experiencing a more comfortable one for you. I would love to know which practices you are doing and what duration. Please keep in touch!
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  10:19:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello lukelucky & Welcome,

When we transition out of the meditative state in Deep Meditation, aka "DM" ( you may see it here abbreviated as such) ,we tend to move from internalising sensory awareness or experience to externalising.;that's to say our sensory awareness then moves outwards.The technical term for that is coming out of pratyahara, often termed the gateway limb of the eight-limbed path(ash-tanga yoga).

The noise is possibly could be the movement of prana or energy through the subtle nerves or nadis.. The "words echoing" sounds like the mind stilling itself as thoughts begin to slow down and become fewer although the mind/thoughts/words can be quite noisy at times when you attempt to sit.The vibrations sound like effects of the mantra as it resonates within your subtle body or nervous system.

So when you transition out, there IS nothing to do. One way to make this easier so there is less of an abrupt shift is to gently give up the mantra,let any effects percolate from the session for a few moments ( sensations in the subtle nerves or forehead or wherever or whatever they may be etc) & then gently bring your awarness to your environment.This may involve opening your eyes. Thenif you've been siitting in a meditatie seat or pose like modified siddhasana or suhkasana(on a soft blanket or rug*) or even on the bed/matress(quite a good option as i've discovered lately and if you've got one handy) or a chair.

There is nothing really to do, as i say.I sometimes come out of mediative state slowly along these lines so there is less of a sudden shift or jolt.

Then you may do some very gentle or brief joint-loosening exercises,say hips,knees or ankles in case of any stiffnes after you've been sitting in a meditative pose/asana if you feel so inclined before lying down to rest. Lie in rest for however long it takes.. perhaps five-ten minutes.That is your call though.Do whaetever you feel comforatble with.

To echo the previous poster when you say you get some "advice", that sounds like divine agency,perhaps inner listening ( some might say a higher wise intelligence or call it God or whatever if you are religious;that is your true self in connection with God/ultimate divine reality etc etc ).You could also explain the advice as the effects of the cultivation of "inner silence" a phrase which you'll find mentioned in the lessons again again.This is what creates the distance between the noise and out true self, the source of pure bliss consciousness.So when you feel blissful you know you've been accessing the deeper layers of yourself, the body-mind-spirit complex.A buzzword used here is to "favour" the mantra so if thoughts pop as they will do for everyone just to let them(ie. the thoughts) do this or do so while favouring the simple procedure of DM.Entertain the mantra at whatever level of pronunciation is comforrtable and natural...whether it be fuzzy or clear..though fuzzy is good i think;let it mature..

Effects are cumulative.

There may be alot to take in here given my use of some technical yogic science terms but i hope this may be of some help.

Edited by - Akasha on Apr 14 2011 10:22:42 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000