Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 DM getting deeper equalling third eye action
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  2:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all, (not sure whether this should be here or in the milestones section?)

After reading The Secrets of Wilder (amazing btw), and these posts http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9392 http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9428

my DM has got a lot deeper, at times anyway. I am able to let the the mantra go fuzzy and the less pronounced it gets the deeper the DM gets. When it goes fuzzy I experience a very strong sensation around my third eye(very strong) and occasionally some residual sensations sort of trailing from it, I think, to my crown. Is this normal? What's going on here? It's very easy to get pulled back to thought when it happens as in "wow, this is amazing" or "what a powerful sensation" followed by a "woops, in thought again" (though I know that's no problem, just go back to the mantra when you realize you're thinking).

Additionally, when doing DM I occasionally do a brief body scan (sort of) and un-tense everything. When I do this and truly let go (no tension) an automatic Mulabandha occurs, well more of a flex or a flexing and I get a jolt from my perineum up my spine into my head/third eye, maybe sometimes crown. What's going on here? Just interested.

Love and Gratitude, Yogis and Yoginis

Aum

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  10:59:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, just restarting this. What I really want to know is, is this (very strong feelings in Ajna) a good indication of doing the practices correctly? Or should I change something.

Love
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  12:16:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi 11jono11,

As long as it does not hurt and affect your daily activities, it is OK. Normally people experience pressure around Ajna since when we engage in deep meditation, our awareness is more centered around the centre of the head. Hope this helps. Wait for other seniors to respond.

Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  01:03:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Normal, yes. What's going on? Opening of the chakras and energy pathways / ecstatic conductivity. Change anything with practices? Nope. I've experienced the energy movements and openings at the third eye as pulsing, cracking, melting, draining, flowing, cool inner breeze, tingling, itching, tickling, pumping, twitching, bubbling, radiating, glowing, dripping, pulling inward, zapping, and flashing - to name a few descriptors. It's all normal here now (although it was awesomely amazing when it began), and feels mildly pleasureful, and gradually occurs more often outsides practices. It started for me at the root, then the third eye was second not long after, and then it branches out all over the bawdy. Enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  10:30:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 11jono11
...when doing DM I occasionally do a brief body scan (sort of) and un-tense everything. When I do this and truly let go (no tension) an automatic Mulabandha occurs, well more of a flex or a flexing and I get a jolt from my perineum up my spine into my head/third eye, maybe sometimes crown. What's going on here? Just interested.

Hi 11jono11,

Have you read the Key Lesson titled Whole Body Mudra? Over time, sensation of a series of "jolts" may smooth out into a stable spontaneous hug from the divine.

Be
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000