Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 ecsatic conductivity?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucanus

Hungary
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2011 :  08:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This is my first post here, so a big HELLO first of all to everyone!

I've been a reader of this site and this forum for a while now, but I decided to write because I feel like I've had a breakthrough in my practice this week. I've been meditating and doing spinal breathing for a few months now, and not much happened (though I had an out of body experience-resembling experience once, which was fun, whatever it was).

Last week I found out about kirtan kriya and the sa ta na ma mantra, and I decided to try it. I found that just by silently repeating the mantra, if I concentrated on any part of my body, there was a gentle response in various forms. For example, I concentrated on my root, repeating and visualising sa ta na ma, and I almost immediately felt a gentle tingling, or when I concentrated on my 'third eye', I also felt a slight pressure or vibration there. I'm not sure what it is, but it felt good and I'm so happy that I found this mantra, because this really works for me!

Anyway, on Monday this week, I meditated on my root chakra again with the help of the mantra, and again, I felt this nice sensation. Only it did not stop this time after I stopped meditating! Since then, it's been coming back in waves, so sometimes I don't feel it, but sometimes I do even when I don't try to concentrate on it. There isn't any negative side effects as of yet, except for not being able to sleep too well since this happened on monday. At night I seem to feel this tingling sensation a bit more, and I guess I also get excited about it and it makes it harder to sleep:)

So my question is: what is this? is this a sign of kundalini starting to wake up in my? or is it just that I started to feel my chakras, energies.... I'm not really an expert in yoga or spiritualism, so I'll be more than interested in your opinions and advice!

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 6:29:20 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2011 :  09:36:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lucanus,
Welcome to the AYP forums.

Yes, sounds like 'K"... but I would ask you to please be careful with this practice and make sure you ground.

I would suggest backing off the chakra focused practices.
You want to work with overall opening rather than opening one area at a time... that is asking for imbalances and overloads.

If you like this mantra you are working with, continue with it, but keep it global, don't locate it on any one part of the body.

Go to Top of Page

lucanus

Hungary
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2011 :  3:54:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your quick reply, Shanti! :)

I'll try to run or walk more for grounding, I guess...and hope to avoid the terrors that Gopi Krishna spoke about! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000