Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 samyama 24/7?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2011 :  04:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

Sometimes I feel like I am in samyama 24/7. It is a place I automatically go to throughout the day when I hear of tragedys, horrors, etc. I go there, and "touch base," like an automatic prayer for whoever or whatever is going on. Something I´ve always done, and now have taught my sons is that whenever they hear a siren to say a prayer, because a brother or sister is in trouble. It doesn´t matter if it´s a police siren, fire, or ambulance, but to always pray. They looked at me kind of funny, but I think they got the message!

Anyone else?
nirmal

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  09:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely. I do it for comfort as much as anything, to remind myself that behind all of the suffering that I struggle to comprehend there is a quiet sanity that understands everything that takes place for the ultimate good. So when I hear of something bad I try to remember to slip into silence before an emotion comes up and runs away with itself.

Love
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  5:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes....very beautiful way of prayer Samyama is.

Once released in silence.....the amplification of the loving intent behind the "touch base" (lovely way of describing it Nirmal).......it radiates all ways and whatever comes of it one can be sure is an organic, beneficial unfolding.

So much.......from so little
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  6:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, our thoughts create us, so when people say "There is so much suffering in the world, how can you ignore that?" they can actually contribute to it by constant thoughts of how wrong it is.

That's one reason samyama is on positive words. There is no shortage of negativity out there - no help needed there. Watch what kind of thoughts you have- see if they tend towards positive or negative. It is common for negative thinkers to believe they are only responding to what is out there, and not know they are choosing.
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  12:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My thanks to each of you for your own perspective and wisdom!

Love,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000